FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Mark Your Calendars....Caliente Tropics 5/19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Mark Your Calendars....Caliente Tropics 5/19
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-10 07:25 am   Permalink

WoooHoooo! 1 more week

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-14 09:09 am   Permalink

PM me if you have any ?'s about making your reservations at Caliente Tropics or for the Luau at Hawaiian Bills

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-16 9:14 pm   Permalink

Is it Friday yet???????????????

telescopes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-16 9:27 pm   Permalink

I'll be there. I hear from my friends that it is an outstanding show and dinner. Hawaiian Bill's is always so friendly. I'm sure it will be a "broke da mouth" experience. I hope lots of people show up to offer support.

View Profile of telescopes Send a personal message to telescopes      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 08:07 am   Permalink

Hope you all have a great time out there. Couldn't get the weekend off but I will have a Mai Tai to toast you. Hope to join you next time,

Life is a state of mind

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-05-18 08:08 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-18 2:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-16 21:27, telescopes wrote:

I hope lots of people show up to offer support.

Sounds like they are! I just called Hawaiian Bills to make reservations and they said it was sold out. He then asked how many in our party and I told him "only 2" and he said he'd "squeeze us in." So we're confirmed!

See ya'll tomorrow. Look for the guy in the Disney aloha shirt (base color: red). Might also be wearing bright yellow swim trunks.

High tomorrow of 102 jeezgrees. Cookin!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-20 5:37 pm   Permalink

WooooHooooo! What a Weekend: We all had Tons of Fun in the Sun Hawaiian Bill's Luau last night was the perfect way to end our weekend.

SoccerTiki and Al-ii enjoying their Mai Tais

What a Crowd!! 225 people showed up for the luau

Future TCer

Mrs.Lurker and Hinano_Paul enjoying the show

SoccerTiki singing some tunes

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-20 5:57 pm   Permalink

Wow....good turnout...looks like great entertainment and some good drinkin...thanks for the pix.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 11:16 am   Permalink

Been to the Caliente Tropics many times over the last 4 years, but this was my first time at Hawaiian Bill's Luau. Those of you that know Bill know what a super guy he is...the real deal...and he puts on a first rate luau! Great and yummy food, great entertainment, perfect locale. It's a real family affair with many friends and family of Bill's ohana helping to run the entire thing. Very well done.

I also ate lunch earlier inside at the bar...had the Kalua pig pulled pork sandwich and it was excellent. Ordered a Mai Tai and it was still the usual non-Mai Tai variation they serve there with pineapple juice and Malibu Rum and...well you get the picture. Very nice refreshing coconut flavored drink, but not really a Mai Tai at all, and they should rename it. Upon request bartender Mike makes his own version that's called "Mike's Mai Tai" that among other changes uses grenadine. That is of course sweeter and even further from a real Mai Tai...but still a very good drink if you don't think of it as any sort of traditional Mai Tai. Guess if you want a real Mai Tai...you're gonna have to call out exactly how you want it made. I'm sure they'll oblige.

Two single buddies of mine joined me and were hoping for more "talent" in the audience and were disappointed that almost all were couples and gray hairs. I thought it was a very subdued audience. This may have been due to the fact that a large portion of the guests this evening...had won their luau via a local radio station contest. Perhaps they just didn't know what to expect and were a bit like deer caught in the headlights. We had some nice folks at our table, but by and large looking around at other tables...folks tended to just eat and stare. They just didn't seem to get into the swing of things. Noticed many got up and left early after eating. Too bad. It was a great show. Despite the fuddy-duddy aspect of much of the crowd...we had a great time.

After the luau, my buddies and I headed into downtown for some cigars and drinks and trolling. Good times and good stuff! Later, 2 of us came back to the Caliente Tropics and Hawaiian Bill's and it was great to see Bill and all of his luau staff and ohana unwinding with Karaoke and drinks into the wee hours. They were having a great time and WooHoo, SoccerTiki, HinanoPaul, and Al-ii were there...some dancing and doing stints at the mic, too. SoccerTiki was especially ah...memorable...with his rendition of "El Paso." Don't give up your day job!

My buddy and I closed the place down and soon the lights were turned off and we went back to our rooms to call it a night. Great day.

Went to Bill's the next morning for Bloody Marys, but discovered he didn't open until 11:00am, so we headed to downtown again for provisions. Because we could now get a room at the Caliente Tropics for only $44 at their much lower Sunday-Thursday rates...we were going to move over from the Travelodge next door and stay an extra night at the Caliente. Our plan was to have lunch at Bill's and then get a couple of rooms there and just hang another day and night. But when we got to Bill's at 12:30pm he was still closed! An upset Bill was sitting out on the patio and was very apologetic that some of his staff had still not showed up for work and so he couldn't open. Guess he kept his own staff out a bit too late the night before.

We took that as an omen that our extended stay was just not meant to be, and nixed the plan for an extra night. We gave our Thanks again to Bill for the great time...and hopped in our cars and headed home. But it was a great 24 hours in Palm Springs.

Didn't get to spend much time with the other TCers, but it was nice meeting you all and I'm sure we'll meet up again.

[ This Message was edited by: PremEx 2007-05-21 11:44 ]

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-21 11:30 am   Permalink

Oops. Dup.

[ This Message was edited by: PremEx 2007-05-21 11:30 ]

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-21 7:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-21 11:16, PremEx wrote:
SoccerTiki was especially ah...memorable...with his rendition of "El Paso." Don't give up your day job!

You musta missed my David Lee Roth impersonation of "I'm just a Gigolo"!!! LOL!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 12:01 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for posting the pictures! Wish we could have been there. I like the last pic of Chris tuning up before his American Idol debut

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation