FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-26 3:18 pm   Permalink

Ki-ora whanau. Just scrubbed te finishing touches on 'The Mighty Moa' and snapped of a pic.
The little guy on the left is 'Mr. 4 Square' a synonemous character of a local market chain over here.
I will eventually release some prints of them. Hope you like em.
Ka Kité.

Check some other work on my other thread if ya like.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23675&forum=18

[ This Message was edited by: Limey 2007-11-27 19:20 ]

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 3:57 pm   Permalink

Incredible stuff Limey! I love your stuff!It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand on end! Insanely moody and beautiful work!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-26 6:01 pm   Permalink

Shazam, Shizam!
that is F'n NICE work Limey.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-28 12:20 am   Permalink

Cheers fellas, It makes it all worth while doing these paintings just to hear your encouragement alone. Thanks.

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-28 2:53 pm   Permalink

awesome awesome awesome just awesome

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 5:49 pm   Permalink

Limey ~ it's so beautiful! Your shading is flawless, makes me wanta swich for acrylics to oils! I really dig the sculpting tiki.
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-28 10:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks Marcus and Tiki Shark. Careful what you wish for TS . I've got a case full of acrylics gathering dust. There's no going back dude, especially if your the blendy type. But for mood and subtelty of hue it's all aces, especially if you have the time. Do it, do it, do it. I'd so love to see your work in oils, It's amazing anyway but eh.. world domination an' all that, hey hey.
In my opinion (and for what its worth), the switch has to happen, it's just a matter of when.
ka kité Liam

Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:20 pm   Permalink

kia ora all. Just said good-bye to an old favourite. Sold but not forgotten. Not in the Tiki style but hey you gotta break with tradition sometime. The green girl was my first attempt at painting back in 95. I'd never sell that chick, she'd skewer me. More to come soon.
Ka Kite

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-20 9:03 pm   Permalink

Ooooh...those are both very nice. Great work!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-06 2:59 pm   Permalink

Kia ora. been out of the picture a bit lately, but happy to say, havn't been slacking. I had an exhibition in Auckland which went gangbustas and the work is getting out there. Here is a bit more of what I've been up to between Rum & Rugby here in Aotearoa.

HAERE MAI HE TETE KURA - ARRIVAL OF A NEW FROND
This image represents the intrinsic values of nature and nurture through our connection to Papatuanuku (Earth Mother). A rebirth takes place and in doing so brings with it a new consciousness of the tupuna (ancestors) that stood before. The exotic gold-finch brings the past into present and sings a song of new dawns.
I posted this before when it was still unfinished, this is a better pic.

TE KORO HEKE - THE OLD GUY
‘The old Man’ knows where his spirit lies; he wants for nothing more. Life is abundant all around him and he rests easy, complete and humbled by the knowledge that he and Papatuanuku speak freely.

KARAKIA
He welcomes in the evening with karakia, his faith as strong as his song. Tiwakawaka feed from the sky, playfully, erratically, all is as it should be.

KINA - SEA EGG
The simplicity of a beach holiday where ‘being’ is the core experience. Smell, sound taste and images permeate our psyche and we feel content, connected and accepting of the earth in all its temperaments.

Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-07 4:29 pm   Permalink

Beautiful. I really dig your style. I like that there is a spiritual aspect to these paintings. It takes tiki to another level. Very nice work. I checked out your web page, lot's of great stuff.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-07 8:35 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tabu, Glad you appreciate the work. From down here, Tiki is quite a revered and spritual symbol and not too many people mess with it. I like to merge it with contemporary Maori in order to make more of a social comment. It seems to be working ok, well I still have my own teeth anyway. Liam.

suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-08 3:46 pm   Permalink

Wow Limey! Good to see you again! Incredible new pieces! Great work!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-09 1:49 pm   Permalink

Hey S.P. Good to hear from you too. Got a bit lost in space there. Glad you like the new work. I'm starting to chalk a few up now. and they keep getting bigger. I must spend a bit of time checking out what you have been up to?. point me if ya like.

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-19 1:30 pm   Permalink

Hey limey,

Beautiful new pieces with flawless technique!

Good to see your work again.

S
T

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation