FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-19 5:24 pm   Permalink

Hellloooo Limey, allow me to introduce myself.... my name is Jon.
I am extremely happy to meet you.
Your paintings are magical. I am impressed in many ways -
Your images are quirky and comical,
The message behind the paintings is intense, thoughtful and inspiring in the tradition of a fable!
Your execution is flawless - from composition to detail to shading you are a master.
I find your style 'Dali-esque' with a tribute to fantasy art. Truly a new chapter in the art style of Dada/Surrealism!
Add Tiki to the mix and the emotional and spiritual message is even more complex!

I look forward to seeing one in real life, and seeing your next creation!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-19 9:04 pm   Permalink

kia ora ST. cheers mate, yup its good to be back and showing the produce again. Another week on this current project and I'll post it. I bet you'll get a kick out of it.

Great to meet you too Jon. Your obvious appreciation of my work is humbling and so thank you for such hefty praise. However I beleive I'm keeping excellent company. I had a look through you website too and was mighty impressed. What a wealth of amazing work, not to mention the mugshot collection. Ahh! the stories you could spill.
Will be sure to post the current work so look forward to catching up with then. Ka kite. Liam.

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-27 7:12 pm   Permalink

Kia ora, ok I finally put this baby to bed and off it goes into the ether of chin strokers. Actually it could be a bit topical in these parts after some recent events sourrounding the fuzz and local Maori. Anyway, it took about 6 weeks of 10 hour days, but a whole lot of fun. hope yas like it.

Title : Bee Box & Tin Lids
Medium : Oil on Canvas Size: 167cm x 122cm

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-27 7:52 pm   Permalink

I love it, beautiful!!!! That is alot of time investment, props to you sir!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-29 12:57 pm   Permalink

Cheers Sneakytiki. Yeah time is always on my case, it always wants more of me.

Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-06 12:53 pm   Permalink

Kia ora, Serving up a new effort. 'Turangawaewae'
This painting sits at 1.7m x .7H in oil on canvas.
It looks at the subject of identity and is titled 'Turangawaewae' 'A place to stand' The kiwi, known as the eldest child of Tane Mahuta, (god of the forest), is said to offer an older sibling’s protection. Here the kiwi connects though a hongi (touching of noses and sharing of breath - welcome) with a spirit of the land in acknowledgement of their place of standing and belonging.
ka kite, Liam.

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 1:38 pm   Permalink

Beautiful stuff - I like the way your land spirit mirrors the form of the mountains in the background, and the lizard-like way he's poised on his toes gives the hongi an extra little frisson of tension.
Do you have any of your art on display in any Welly galleries, or are they long gone (or snapped up by voracious JAFAs) before they get the chance? I'll be up there late April and would love to see one of your pieces "for real"...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 2:48 pm   Permalink

I love this, gorgeous work I love the mix of the old traditional looking landscape with the modern land spirit. Great sense of depth and atmosphere too, and the light clouds on the distant mountains draws your eye into the painting.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-08 12:51 pm   Permalink

Hey Paipo and Hewey, glad you like the work, its always good to see how people respondand interperate the work. Always appreciate the feedback so thanks.
Paipo, I dont have any original work in any Wellington Galleries at present just prints at Ora. I am working on a solo for Sept. in Auckland, but you can always come to the house where I have a few on the walls, Were in Newtown. Drop me a line closer to the time and we'll arange it. Oh yeah, whats a JAFA?

Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 2:21 pm   Permalink

uh......WOW!
That is masterful work. I am in awe.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-09 11:58 pm   Permalink

Thats high praise indeed coming from you sensei Tiki Shark. But accept with thanks.
che Bro.

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 01:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-08 12:51, Limey wrote:

Paipo, I dont have any original work in any Wellington Galleries at present just prints at Ora. I am working on a solo for Sept. in Auckland, but you can always come to the house where I have a few on the walls, Were in Newtown. Drop me a line closer to the time and we'll arange it. Oh yeah, whats a JAFA?

I used to sell through Ora quite a while ago. Part of the plan on the next trip up is finding somewhere new to show/sell my work in the capital.
JAFA means "Just Another F$%#ing Aucklander" - a common term of endearment for our Northern friends, used by everyone south of the Bombay Hills. I'm guessing plenty of your work probably ends up there?
We're only doing a quick weekender (this time) - between Te Papa and Cuba St my trip is probably spoken for, but I very much appreciate the offer. Let me know if you ever send any work down south!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 10:12 am   Permalink

Hello Limey. okay, you get my vote for the most original approach to Tiki subject matter I've seen. Excellent technique. WOW!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-10 2:02 pm   Permalink

You got it in one Paipo, that's where the $ are, though I'd love to get the work around more. It's a fickle market at the mo. Do you know Eyeball Kicks on Cuba St. Might be worth talking to Calvin there, he works the tiki culture and has a finger firmly on the pulse of Wellington. I don't think you'll be needing any luck. your work speaks for itself.

Robb, thanks for checking and appreciating the work,

Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-16 4:09 pm   Permalink

Kia ora one and all. New offerings for you perusal and discussion, Whilst 'Queen Bee' isnt tiki as such, I thought the relationship was still there with the wahini.
Thanks for looking.

QUEEN BEE
84 x 101cm Oil on Linen 2008
She welcomes the beat of an unborn heart. Her belief in the ways of truth and duty, offer her the grace to accept that as matriarch over her domain, she is Queen Bee.
Inspired by Ihimaera’s character Ramona - ‘Bulibasha’ and the landscapes of the Gisborne region.

TANE MAHUTA
84 x 101cm Oil on Linen 2008
‘Tane Mahuta’ (lord of the forest) majestic and towering, is the source, rooted firmly between his mother (Paptuanuku) and father (Ranginui). From deep within, he offers up the life force to feed his vast empire.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation