FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-16 5:48 pm   Permalink

Wow! Great paintings! Such fine craftsmanship.

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-17 1:25 pm   Permalink

Lord of the Forest...
the cape-feathers all fog-cloud-like, billowing down into the solid vegetation....
the glow of the mist as the waterfall hits the earth.......
the royal feather and powerful eyes full of intent...
awesome in so many ways
in theme/in scale/in atmosphere/in character/in lushness/in craftsmanship
and in spirit....
seeping in spirit...
there is such a mix of great feeling,thought,time,and talent
in both of these new ones....
the fact they evolve and are born so slowly
makes them even more precious...
Mad props Limey!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-18 4:01 pm   Permalink

Hey ST and LLT, Thanks for appreciating the work fellas and taking the time to write (nicely put and considered LLT). Just wish I could show the originals to you. They sing so much more...

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 12:45 pm   Permalink

Great stuff!! i really like the TANE MAHUTA.
awsome work!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-19 10:16 pm   Permalink

Lord of the Forest is truly amazing. A real new level of powerful skill with the paint and a deeper subtle spiritual sense in your imagery. Very original.

As mystical as a Tarot card image.

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-20 2:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the big -ups fellas. TS. Hey there's an idea. Tiki Tarots. There's a lifetimes worth in that series. mmm. Hey, I was checking out your site, Is that new?. Anyway the playing cards are sensational!! Great the way you have incorporated the suits. Big project, but sure to be a smash. You are a machine!

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-04 08:11 am   Permalink

Limey, your work really moves me, I refuse to pick a favorite. I'd sure like to see your work in person. This type of originality is terribly rare.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-04 9:46 pm   Permalink

Hey Robb, I would like you to see my work in person too. Hey! I got it, You could always buy a print. But seriously, I would be well keen to push the work out of NZ. I think the states would have an appreciative tikified audience and I have been considering contacting a few galleries to test the water. Ive got a few ideas, but any tips or leads would be welcome.

MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-05 4:21 pm   Permalink

Aloha Limey!!! Just stumbled on your thread , and I am glad because you have some sweet paintings and cant wait to see more, Aloha Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-05 5:39 pm   Permalink

Well, hold on tight Mooney, cos I've got a cracker coming your way, just got to let the paint dry and get a snap. Limey

octopussy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-10 04:57 am   Permalink

Incredible work there Limey,

It's just too cool.

I can't pick a fav they're all awesome.

O

View Profile of octopussy Send a personal message to octopussy  Goto the website of octopussy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-10 06:08 am   Permalink

Awesome painting of the queen bee, man. Beautiful!!

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-03 3:05 pm   Permalink

Kia ora one and all. I thought I would add these two newbies to the mix. Working on the last piece for the show now and getting excited. I'm calling it Grand-Land. Come along if you are in the hood. 

Ten Cent Mix 101 x 84 cm, Oil on Linen
With time, small treasures of a by-gone era slip out of sight and into memory. 
In a by-gone era, cars were cool, summers were hot and the high point of a day was a trip to the dairy where everything I could ever want could be bought for a dollar.

Kehu 101 x 84 cm, Oil on Linen 
As bushman and tracker for Brunner, Heaphy and Fox, KehuÕs job was to keep the party alive as they arduously chartered the north-west of Te Wai Pounamu. Heaphy concluded that Kehu was worth his weight in tobacco! - The perfect bushman.

Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-03 10:51 pm   Permalink

Yipee! New paintings to gawk in amazment at!
Kehu ~ Dark, moody, swampy. Me like.
You make me wanna take up oils.

Great work! I'm humbled.

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-04 02:22 am   Permalink

Thanks for checking in TS. glad you like, respect. Ohhh mann! the things you could do with oils. Alas.., we must wait until the oils find you, but we live in hope.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation