FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
New Paintings by Limey / New one added P2.
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-04 04:09 am   Permalink

I love how you can go from bright retro social pop culture references to dark moody surrealist landscapes at the drop of a hat, yet they sill both have an umistakeable common heritage. I also like how they both 'deal' (for want of a better term) with different periods in NZ history Stunning work as always

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-04 3:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hewey, I think the period shift comes from the way a my paintings develop their own story as they unfold. I don't always know what's going to come out the other end but when it feels right I just go with it. Besides, the amount of energy I would put into a painting like 'Ten Cent Mix' (re: bag of mixed lollies (candy)) as opposed to 'Kehu' differs somewhat. Pysically very taxing, so there's nothing like a moody backdrop to mung out to. Ha. As a body of work, it's a bit incongruous, but what the hey!, ultimately, I do them for me after all.

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-07 11:11 pm   Permalink

Kia ora!!

Surrealism is one tough nut to crack ... yet you seem to create a sense of detail and believability that exceeds the subject matter. You do have a unique talent!! Keep up the good work.

http://www.yatesstudios.com

View Profile of Dirk Yates Send a personal message to Dirk Yates  Email Dirk Yates Goto the website of Dirk Yates     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation