FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki-Kate's Great Big Collection of Tikiwear (Image Heavy)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki-Kate's Great Big Collection of Tikiwear (Image Heavy)
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 6:14 pm   Permalink

I was completely inspired by Tikiwahine's shirt post. I have been putting together a collection of clothing that I can never wear to work for about 10 years now.

My one rule is that it's got to have a tiki on it. Oh, and I can really only wear an XL or smaller.

The collection is mostly shirts and mostly modern. I have a few vintage shirts and a couple of homemade tops.

I know a lot of you have probably seen or probably own a good many of these, but I think it's just kind of an interesting look into one girl's closet.

Here's my Reyn Spooner collection.

I ended up with a few of the Shag Toes on the Nose shirts.

And some Shag Disneyland shirts.

The next few were from BC Ethic, Utility, etc.

And I actually do own a few vintagy things.

I collect fabric, and I love to sew. I'm just not very good at it. Here's a couple of very simple tops I made.

And, yes, sometimes I even dress like a girl.

This is my Enchanted Tiki Room dress minus eight inches off the length and eight inches off the waist.

Last but not least, the one exception to the tiki rule. I just had to own it.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-kate 2008-05-28 17:15 ]

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 7:12 pm   Permalink

Wow Kate, some of those I just Love! If you don't have enough closet space, you could 'store' some here.

I expect to see you wearing something from your post to the next chop.

And what's with that last dress, do you have 4 arms?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 7:54 pm   Permalink

I am down for trades of aloha wear at the nwxt chop. I've got a nifty tiki aloha shirt. I'll dig up a pic for ya.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-28 8:07 pm   Permalink

Bill, those aren't arm holes.

Erik, What size are you?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-04-28 8:19 pm   Permalink

I have the first shirt pictured so I think Im cooler than I usually do.
Thanks Tiki-Kate!

Photo Little Lost Tiki 2006

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 05:37 am   Permalink

Tiki-Kate, I'm sorry that you can never wear these to work! That's not right. I've been collecting Hawaiian, Aloha, Tiki shirts for about 25 years now. I went through a phase that lasted several years where I wore my Hawaiian shirts to work everyday. Even when there was 2 feet of snow on the ground I had my Aloha shirt on. I did stop wearing my Hawaiian shirts to work about 2 years ago. I guess I didn't realize the reputation I had acquired. I guess I was sort of the eccentric computer guy genius that always wore Hawaiian shirts. Well, I had to make a presentation to upper management about a program I was developing. For the presentation I dressed the part, shirt and tie, and when I got to work my boss said, "You're not wearing a Hawaiian shirt! I already made apologies for you to the CEO." Boy I hate being predictable. So, I stopped wearing the Tiki shirts to work.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-29 11:07 am   Permalink

Kate...that is a fabulous collection!!! I especially love that schizophrenic pink one about 2/3 of the way down. Glad to see your post is inspiring others to show their collections....these are so fun to look at. Thanks

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 11:46 am   Permalink

nice Shag shirts! I love em!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 6:05 pm   Permalink

great collection Kate, I have the red and white new zealand one and it is one of my favorites! great collection!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 4:39 pm   Permalink

Wow, great collection. I love the toes on the Nose ones. I have some of their shirts but none as cool as those, although one of their t-shirts I have has a cool little tiki head in one the back of the neck.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 1:58 pm   Permalink

I've been cooped up sick all week, and since I was on the verge of dying of boredom, I decided to spend some time updating my shirt thread with my finds from the last half of 2007.

As always, I found lots of newer shirts.

And a few more vintagy shirts.

I even found a few more girly things.

This dress was far too muumuu for me, so I had a shortened (just a little too much.)

I love this top with the slits up the sides. It actually allows you to have hips.

This is just awful, but the fabric is fabulous. It's due for a trip to the seamstress for deruffling.

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 3:45 pm   Permalink

Amazing collection Kate. Got any XXL's you're bored/w?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 7:38 pm   Permalink

It's funny that should ask that, Hank.

I never buy XXLs because I know there's no way I can wear them, and it just kills me to leave them behind. I recently asked a friend if he would be my shopping victim so I wouldn't have to abandon the XXLs and they could fulfil their tiki destiny.

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 8:34 pm   Permalink

I like the white shirt in the 13th pic. It looks like an Iolani. Except the tag is black. I have two red ones. One is red houndstooth with the little tiki man at the pocket and the other is red striped that looks like a busboy's shirt. Short waist and two buttons on each hip and tiki man at the pocket.

NEAT finds
Erik the Red

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 8:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Erik.

It is an Iolani. It's tough to find them really clean. This one is in pretty nice shape. White's not really my color, but I thought it might work over a swim suit.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation