FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki-Kate's Great Big Collection of Tikiwear (Image Heavy)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki-Kate's Great Big Collection of Tikiwear (Image Heavy)
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 7:48 pm   Permalink

Great collection. I wear Tiki/Hawaiian/Aloha shirts every single day to work. I don't even get funny looks any more. When I do wear a "normal" shirt I get asked if I am feeling well.

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blue.octopus
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-07-30 12:28 pm   Permalink

This is a fantastic collection and great thread. I second the book idea. In the meantime how about a dedicated website/wiki where we can browse the collection and you can include more about the manufacturer, pattern and material?

View Profile of blue.octopus Send a personal message to blue.octopus      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 12:10 am   Permalink

There's definitely a book in the works, but it's not mine. Some of my wardrobe will be included though.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 07:47 am   Permalink

I'm happy to say some of my crazier vintage shirts are gonna be in that book too. see ya soon kate and Sven.

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 08:41 am   Permalink

...it'll be challenge to reproduce those Poly-POP!!! colors of your shirts, Bullet, but Martin McIntosh is aware of it and we will make them glow! I am going to be hunting down people at Oasis and pulling on their shirts to let me photograph them if they are cool vintage Tiki shirts....and IF i do not already have that pattern. Once you get into something deeply, things start doubling up...but sometimes that's good, too, then I have the luxury to choose the better cut. It is astonishing how man great Tiki shirts have the Tikis cut up, upside down or in all the wrong places.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-11 8:46 pm   Permalink

Kate, Beautiful collection of shirts and a good reference source. I am envious!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-14 4:31 pm   Permalink

Here's what I've picked up over the past few weeks.

I've only found a few newer shirts.

But there's been lots of vintage.

And something girly. Yeah!

These last few don't have tons of tikis, but I couldn't resist the colors.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-14 10:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-14 16:31, Tiki-Kate wrote:

And something girly. Yeah!

What exactly do you mean by "girly"?

Maybe you shouldn't be throwing the word "girly" around so freely.

Just a thought.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 7:06 pm   Permalink

I usually only post on this thread when I have about 15 to 20 new items, but I bought these two shirts on line recently, and I thought they deserved their own post.

I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that I actually have Holy Grail shirts. The first is one of them. It's not the best example of the style, but it's the only one I've come across.

I had been watching the second shirt for ages. It was a little out of my usual price range, but I finally broke down and got it.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 6:06 pm   Permalink

Thought I'd update the shirt thread again before I lost track of the newest additions.

I didn't find much in my price range over the past several months, but I have high hopes for Spring.

I really love this pattern. I also have it in a men's shirt and a little robe.

I picked up this dress back in December.

Apparently, this was a docent's skirt from the Bishop Museum.

These next three were presents from Boris. (It's good to have friends who support your insanity. )

I came across a few newer designs.

And a few more vintage shirts.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 7:58 pm   Permalink

Nice update, Kate!

I always wanted to find this one:

...since all its images are copied from matchbook covers pictured in the Book of Tiki.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-04 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-11 08:41, bigbrotiki wrote:
It is astonishing how man great Tiki shirts have the Tikis cut up, upside down or in all the wrong places.

I've taken Tiki-Kate's edict to heart and I'm only purchasing tiki shirts with actual tikis on them... I don't have that many yet (it's hard to find my size, small) but three of them have a tiki that is covered by the pocket!!! Without the pocket, they would be the most prominent tiki on each shirt.

I removed the pocket of one... tempted to do the same with the others... but then where am I gonna put my little umbrellas as I finish each mai tai?!?

Great collection, Kate! I covet it! (Great, one more thing to covet... I know where I'm going in a hand basket)

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-05 08:09 am   Permalink

I know. One of the frustrations of the TIKI shirt collector is HOW MANY of them have the actual Tikis printed upside down, located on seams or edges of the shirt, sliced in half --it sometimes seems they are obscured on purpose!

Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-09 07:42, Tiki-Kate wrote:
I even found a pair of trunks. (I tried them on, and they're actually pretty darn cute.)

Tiki Kate

Tiki-Kate,

You need to add a swim suit edition to your shirts!

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-09 7:20 pm   Permalink

Guess what?

Tiki Butt!

View Profile of Tiki Joe Send a personal message to Tiki Joe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation