FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Tiki-Kate's Great Big Collection of Tikiwear (Image Heavy)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Tiki-Kate's Great Big Collection of Tikiwear (Image Heavy)
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-21 1:30 pm   Permalink

He was signing them on Saturday afternoon from 3:30 to 4:30.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 7:01 pm   Permalink

I really love this Tiki Room shirt right down to the awesome hang tag.

I've picked up a few other newer shirts recently.

More vintage shirts.

This shirt only has two tikis, but they're pink, and I couldn't resist it.

This one has a great PNG design.

I have one shirt made of Shaheen fabric, but this was actually produced by Shaheen.

I love that there's little tiki on the sail of the boat.

And I found another pair of swim trunks. They kind of match one of my shirts.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-10-11 19:01, Tiki-Kate wrote:
And I found another pair of swim trunks. They kind of match one of my shirts.

Them's CHOPPIN' shorts!!!

Nice score on the Shaheen shirt!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-11 7:50 pm   Permalink

Hmm. Chopping shorts? Maybe next summer. They need a little OxiClean before I even attempt to try them on.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-09 7:13 pm   Permalink

Quick update so I can throw everything into the hamper.

These first two were given to me by ookoo. Much appreciated.

I found these three dresses yesterday. The last two will require the muumuu clip.

Haven't been finding many shirts lately. Everyone seems to have switched over to selling flannel. Plus, I keep getting pickier all the time. There has to be enough tikis on the shirt, and I really really have to like them, etc.

Derek Mitchell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-11-09 8:23 pm   Permalink

I like the green/blue/white one above, as well as many others.

Very nice collection.

View Profile of Derek Mitchell Send a personal message to Derek Mitchell  Email Derek Mitchell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-01 7:25 pm   Permalink

I just wanted to give the thread a quick update so I could get everything that's hanging around my room into the laundry. I stopped shopping in early December. I've even stayed off of eBay.

These first two were given to me by Bora Boris aka The Enabler. He always says he's not going to buy me any more shirts... Thanks for lying to me, Boris.

I picked up a nice Toes on the Nose with the Mr. Bali Hai mug and a Spooner with the Trader Vic's logo at an antique store. Not exactly antiques. Fine by me.

I found this on eBay. It was cheap, and I was jonesing for shirts at the time. The moais are cute.

I found this vintage Iolani at a flea market.

I also picked up this vintage dress.

Hopefully, in a few months, I'll be back to my regular shopping routine.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-02 12:41 am   Permalink

Good to see you back in action Kate! except now I am going to have to battle you again for cool shirts online !

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-02 5:32 pm   Permalink

Kate's Kanvasses are among the best Tiki trappings out there. Always a treat, some more here for the LOT!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2011-03-06 12:53 pm   Permalink

I was looking for a place to post this, and settled on this thread for two contrived reasons - (a) it's fun to look at Kate's collection of shirts again, and (b) she'd probably love this ad.

I don't understand why these didn't catch on! This is clearly a bunch of hip, trend-setting guys, who would normally set the sartorial standard that others aspire to. And think of the practicality - no more worrying about which pants go with which shirt!

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-06-04 10:13 am   Permalink

I was reading again on Ooga Mooga today and re-visited Viva Kate which lead me here. I have seen these pages a dozen times but today it doesn't matter, Kate was on my mind it's fun to read her thoughts. What a tremendous collection, you're missed Kate...

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2012-06-04 10:14 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation