FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki New Jersey, Long Beach Island, NJ (home-bar)
New Jersey, Long Beach Island, NJ (home-bar)
South Jersey Palms Inc.

Posted: 2007-04-28 7:12 pm   Permalink

Name:New Jersey
Type:home-bar
Street:
City:Long Beach Island
State:NJ
Zip:08008
Phone:

Description:
I am planning on building a tiki bar for my Middletown, NJ home out of bamboo I could easilly receive from a close friend of mine. I plan on placing several of the palms trees I sell around the pool/bar area...gotta treat myself once and a while Any suggestions on ways not to split the bamboo when working with it?

Thanks,
Jay

View Profile of South Jersey Palms Inc. Send a personal message to South Jersey Palms Inc.  Email South Jersey Palms Inc. Goto the website of South Jersey Palms Inc.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-29 07:59 am   Permalink

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Racing, Racing!!! Anytime we went to da shore I remember that commericial !!!!

Send a PM to Bamboo Ben [look in the members list] he's pretty good with that stuff!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seasideparksurfer

Posted: 2007-05-23 11:13 am   Permalink

How should I cut bamboo?

Never push bamboo through a saw or it will shred. To get a clean cut, use a fine toothed blade and roll the bamboo through the saw scoring the outer skin first. No special tools are required. Table saws, hack saws, or band saws will work just fine.

I have also found it easier when you sand down the area that will be cut also makes it cleaner of a cut....

View Profile of seasideparksurfer Send a personal message to seasideparksurfer  Email seasideparksurfer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation