FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vic's Bev Hills closing THIS TUESDAY???!!! . . .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Trader Vic's Bev Hills closing THIS TUESDAY???!!! . . .
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 1:15 pm   Permalink

Well that would not be the same as having great drinks at Trader Vics, but its better than nothing. I first Saw Circa 55 about 2 months ago when I went to Trader Vics, with Ran(Kick the Reverb) and his visiting Parents. we had got to TV's early, so we wandered around the Hotel. I think that Circa 55
looks pretty cool. But we were there early in the day a 4 pm.
If the place has alot of uptight snooty BH's type people there. I'm not sure it would be so cool. But will have to wait and see.

I hope that some of the Guys from TVs go over to Circa 55.
Ben and Alfine(sp?) have been at TVs for ever and really make great drinks.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2007-04-30 13:28 ]

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 1:26 pm   Permalink

So much for having it protected as a HISTORICAL LANDMARK....which by it's age and important significance it qualified for!

Another one bites the dust!

Any guesses on our next big loss?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 1:32 pm   Permalink

Wiat, I'm confused. Does that mean it is officially closed as of RIGHT NOW? or is today the last day its open?

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 1:34 pm   Permalink

It is closed as of right now.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 1:35 pm   Permalink

It's closed right now, last night was the final night of operation. Can't confirm with my eyes, but that's what I was told on the phone and by a commenter on my blog, and that's also what Eater LA was told.

Your feelings are natural... the next stage after Denial is Anger, then comes Bargaining (that's where I am... can't they just come work at the Palo Alto Trader Vic's?)...

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 1:41 pm   Permalink

First Don Ho and now this...so sudden! I am sad. I may still head over there to take some pictures of the outside anyway. I don't have any good ones, they're all too dark.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
icebaer69
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 2:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-30 13:35, Humuhumu wrote:
It's closed right now,
last night was the final night of operation...

View Profile of icebaer69 Send a personal message to icebaer69      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-04-30 2:03 pm   Permalink

I'm bummed now. I'm just glad I finally was able to get my mom to go there with me. Thanks to Bigtikidude Jeff, Ran, Jonpaul, & Marie for some awesome times there. I couldn't have asked for a better group of friends to have spent my last visit to that location with.

-K

View Profile of tikimania Send a personal message to tikimania      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 2:14 pm   Permalink

This wouldn't of happen if Aaron Spelling was alive !!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 3:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-30 12:20, JenTiki wrote:
So much for my dinner plans in two weeks!

Tell me about it. Just a few days ago a friend of mine booked non-refundable airline tickets from New York near the end of this month...just to visit his old haunting ground of Trader Vic's Beverly Hills for perhaps one last time...because I advised him he should make the trip soon if he wanted to make sure to see it. I had no idea the rug would be pulled in this manner.

Such an institution and cultural landmark that should never have been closed. But if it had to be, you would have thought they would have had some pre-announced final weeks of celebrations or something so everyone could say Aloha one last time in a manner befitting such a landmark.

But no.

They probably knew the heat was building and would continue to, against its closing...and so they likely decided to just board her up in the middle of the night with no advance warning so folks couldn't stage a protest.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 3:41 pm   Permalink

Well folks,
I just got back from Trader Vic's, and I can confirm with authority they are no longer open to the public. I took a few photos, and was immediately sweated by the beverly hills hilton police as to why was I taking pictures. I told them I was an urban archeologist taking pictures of americas mid century architecture.haha, well they were very uneasy, and asked me to leave the property and to take pictures from the sidewalk. I asked if I were doing something wrong, and the suit told me not really, but the (get this!)owner doesn't want anyone on Trader Vics property other than the people setting up a private party & private party invitees. I can only assume from this point that it is an employee farewell party.
I asked if I could come to dinner tomorrow night instead of tonight..."probably not".....
The 2 black suits with ear pieces were guarding the entrance to Trader Vic's. There WAS activity going on inside, and I did see toolkits. Setting up for a private party seemed to be legit, but the suit wasn't saying who the party was for...I can only guess....Bye Trader Vic's, you will be missed by many.

*Digitiki watch out for the suits while trying to get your pictures*

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2007-04-30 15:59 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 4:28 pm   Permalink

how much you wanna bet that Paris Hilton will be at the Private party?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 4:41 pm   Permalink

Hi everyone,

So sorry to be the bearer of such sad tidings. . .and so sorry to keep you all hanging. . . my inter-net went down and I spent all afternoon on the phone to India!

So yes, I got word from my 'TV employee informer' today after 1pm.

TRADER VICS IS CLOSED. END OF STORY.
They were told that was it, not to come in tonight or Tuesday.
Sunday was THE LAST NIGHT with no notice for anyone!
I was also told that many of the wonderful LONG LONG time bartenders are totally at a loss about what to do now-some have worked for TV for 25years, and are afraid their English skills will make it difficult to find another bartending gig in LA. How horrible is this! These bartenders are STARS and should be treated as such! I am well past denial and into anger over the fact that the Hilton corporation obviously did this quick and dirty closing to avoids any public outcry.

I feel cheated!!!

What can we do now?

Parking lot Luau/protest anyone???!!

or maybe a Uke-in?

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 4:46 pm   Permalink

Is the sign nailed down?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-04-30 4:59 pm   Permalink

I'm so depressed and sad!! What crappy news... I thought we had more time. I'm definitely up for a parking lot protest.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation