FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Vic's Bev Hills closing THIS TUESDAY???!!! . . .
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Trader Vic's Bev Hills closing THIS TUESDAY???!!! . . .
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:07 pm   Permalink

It is pretty clear that the closure was done in such a sneaky manner to avoid any intererence by us and others that want to save the old Beverly Hills Trader Vic's. They didn't want us there having a farewell party and they didn't want anybody filing any actions to try and stop it, so they told us that it would close "in the future but not any time soon" to take the sense of urgency away from us. Then comes this. Very sneaky on the part of the new owners, but it could not have been done without the cooperation of Trader Vic's corporate. It would seem that their claims of wanting to keep it open were not totally honest, either. At this point we can only hope that Trader Vic's will decide to reopen somewhere else in the Los Angeles area.

Until then, there is still Tiki Ti. Long Live Tiki Ti!

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:20 pm   Permalink

Maybe the members of TC could make some phone calls and emails to the people of TV's. I mean to every single person on this list and by everyone at TC!!

Trader Vic's, Inc.
999 Fifth Avenue, Suite 590
San Rafael, CA 94901
Tel: 415-927-9788
Fax: 415-927-9688
Email:
trvics@aol.com
Robert L. Davies
President & C.E.O.

Hans W. Richter
Vice Chairman, Global Affairs
Email: trvics@aol.com

Erik Heggen
Executive Assistant

Sven Koch
Vice President For American and German Operations
Email: tradervicssven@aol.com

Jerome Laugenie
Vice President, Europe, The Middle East and China
The London Hilton
22 Park Lane
London, England W1y 4be
Tel: 011 44 207 208 4113
Fax: 011 44 207 208 4050
Email: jlaugenie@aol.com
Rene Purro
Vice President, Asia and Spain
Special Operations
Email: renepurro@aol.com
Michelie Marshall
Wholesale Manager
Tel: 927.9788
Email: tvmichelie@aol.com

Trader Vic's Gourmet
P.O. Box 345
Concord, CA 94522

5650 Imhoff Drive Suite D
Concord, CA 94520 tel: 925.675.6400
fax: 925.691.9956
1.877.7MAITAI

Vice President: Peter Seely pseely@nubeco.com

CFO: Anne Fortuna afortuna@nubeco.com

Customer Service: Gail Barber gbarber@nubeco.com

For Franchise inquiries:
trvics@aol.com

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:40 pm   Permalink

It really upsets me that Trader Vics (the icon of the tiki world) has seemed to not include the tiki community in much on this issue.

Got an idea. Instead of a parking lot protest, how about working with the Vic's corporate HQ and perhaps convincing them to allow a private Tiki Central bash in the bar (bar only) for one night? That's probably pie in the sky, but hey, you never know until you ask.

and remember:"It is always with great pleasure that I look back and reminisce on the important part that Rum has played in the molding of empires." --Trader Vic

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

[ This Message was edited by: Digitiki 2007-04-30 17:46 ]

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:56 pm   Permalink

According to Eater LA, a "Trader Vic's Lounge" is opening adjacent to Circa 55 in the hotel, on May 3. The GM and bartenders are supposedly going to staff the new lounge.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:58 pm   Permalink

I just want to say Thank you to HUMUHUMU for all the details. You seem to have your finger on the pulse of the tiki-philes. I love your blog, very informative.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:59 pm   Permalink

Ditto on what everyone has said here. I am sad too, as I have never been there and now won't have a chance. But what is worse is the awful treatment of the employees....that is just disheartening.

Would be of great interest as to how all the decorum will be recycled (and hopefully not destroyed). Apparently it is way out of the hands of the people that loved the bar/service...hence the police guards. SIGH

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 6:04 pm   Permalink

Vampiress,
I know exactly what you mean. I toyed with the idea of calling them up and asking if they would sell me a Tiki Bowl. I know that kinda sounds morbid, like asking a family member of a friend if I can have his record collection the day after he died.

Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 6:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-30 17:56, Humuhumu wrote:
According to Eater LA, a "Trader Vic's Lounge" is opening adjacent to Circa 55 in the hotel, on May 3. The GM and bartenders are supposedly going to staff the new lounge.

Thanks Humu for the updates!Today we walked the level that circa 55 is on, and frankly I don't know how adjacent Eater LA meant, but the only thing we saw on that lower level was circa55,the bathrooms directly out in front of circa 55, and a dead end hallway leading into a gym. Heading back up the stairs (which is ground level), there is the lobby and grand ballroom. I cannot think of(nor see) where they might be able to add a TV lounge...I'll keep my eyes open and ears to the ground.

As a side note:HBO's "Entourage" was/is filming at the hotel somewhere, but didn't see exactly where. We parked in the "Private Property" lot that used to be MAYCO's. That was the only "free" place to park, so long as we didnt get noticed by any security.It was restricted to park there, but I seen other vehicles and blended my car next to others.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 6:34 pm   Permalink

I just started a thread called "Pics of Vic's" I wanna encourage everyone with pictures of their experiences at Trader Vics to post a kinda memorial pictoral! Aloha Vic's.

Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 6:52 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-05-10 11:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-05-10 11:04 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 8:51 pm   Permalink

They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
With a pink hotel, a boutique
And a swinging hot spot
Dont it always seem to go
That you dont know what youve got
Till its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

They took all the trees
Put em in a tree museum
And they charged the people
A dollar and a half just to see em
Till its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Hey farmer farmer
Put away that d.d.t. now
Give me spots on my apples
But leave me the birds and the bees
Please!
Till its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Late last night
I heard the screen door slam
And a big yellow taxi
Took away my old man
Till its gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 9:10 pm   Permalink

This picture of a tank and protesters was taken a few nights ago on Wilshire blvd near Trader Vic's.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
donhonyc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 9:29 pm   Permalink

Well that sucks the huge diseased weiner!!!!! I only got to visit BH-TV back in like '94 or something, and now it's gonna be gone??? Man this sh*t is happening everywhere!! Here in NYC buildings are coming down at an alarming rate only to make way for some shiny new antiseptic glass boxes. I used to walk around NYC and think 'wow...the Beats, Hippies, and Punks used to hang out here'. Now I walk around and say 'oh god..Paris Hilton and The Strokes hang out around here'. SELL OUTS! One day you walk down the street and BAM that cool old place you were so used to seeing for so long is leveled. It's starting to piss me off big time! I feel your pain Los Angeles.

"Winston wondered vaguely to what century the church belonged. It was difficult to determine the age of a London building. Anything large and impressive, if it was reasonably new in appearance was automatically claimed as having been built since the revolution, while anything that was obviously of earlier date was ascribed to some dim period called the Middle Ages. The centuries of capitalism were held to produce nothing of value. One could not learn history from architecture any more than one could learn from books. Statues, inscriptions, memorial stones, the names of streets-anything that might throw light on the past had been systematically altered."

from George Orwell's "1984"

Yeah..check it out. This is where we're headed. Thought Police here we come!

[ This Message was edited by: donhonyc 2007-04-30 21:37 ]

View Profile of donhonyc Send a personal message to donhonyc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 10:54 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Fox news here in LA just did a blip on TVBH.

They said that they never even knew it was there and that there was a chain??!!!!

It's now located in a small part of the Bev Hilton, pool side. Pupu's but no food.

Too funny how the press gets it!!!!??

I thought you all contacted the press?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 11:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-30 22:54, RevBambooBen wrote:
Awesome! Fox news here in LA just did a blip on TVBH.

They said that they never even knew it was there and that there was a chain??!!!!

It's now located in a small part of the Bev Hilton, pool side. Pupu's but no food.

Too funny how the press gets it!!!!??

I thought you all contacted the press?

HAHAHA, I contacted the press again today when I was on my way to TV...thats cool someone aired something about it. I called 2,4,7, and 11, 2 were answering machines and 2 were live pickups.

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2007-04-30 23:46 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation