Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Cuban Rum Question
Cuban Rum Question
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-30 5:56 pm   Permalink

My boss is going to Cuba in August and she's willing to bring me back rum. What should she bring me that we can't get in Canada? And conversely, are there any rums she should avoid?

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DemeraraDrinker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-01 10:19 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-04-30 17:56, Sweet Daddy Tiki wrote:
My boss is going to Cuba in August and she's willing to bring me back rum. What should she bring me that we can't get in Canada? And conversely, are there any rums she should avoid?

Well, Canada doesn't have a trade embargo, so you can get Havana Club in Canada. Havana Club is good, but the only reason you'd want to bring it back from Cuba is if its a lot cheaper than it is in Canada.

You could also look for some other rums besides Havana Club that you can't get at home. Here a bunch of other rums in Cuba:

http://www.rum.cz/galery/cam/cu/

If your boss can taste some of the rums before buying them, that would help.

View Profile of DemeraraDrinker Send a personal message to DemeraraDrinker  Goto the website of DemeraraDrinker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 6:18 pm   Permalink

I liked Ron Matusalem. There was a five and seven year and both are good quite good. I found that most domestic rums were very localized and not easy to find. So it will kind of depend on where she's going. If she does the 'Cigar and Rum factory tour' in Pinar Del Rio, she'll find it. Despite the 'cheezy touristy factor' and the death defying old Russian plane ride, it's worth it for some real Cuban Rum and cigars.

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation