FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Martini Monkey specialty drink featured in new book
Martini Monkey specialty drink featured in new book
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 06:49 am   Permalink

For those of us who get both feet in the trough at the Martini Monkey, and who find Jay Crabb's work behind the bar there to be truly spiritual...it's no surprize that his fantastic Gin Drink "The Aviator" is featurd in a new book "Food & Wine's Cocktails 2007"

The book should be available at Borders, Barnes and Noble...and maybe at Terminal C of San Jose Intl.

Congradulations Jay, get out the autograph pen.

Cheers

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 08:59 am   Permalink

Yeah! Jay's amazing and I'm really glad he's gonna get more recognition. Good on ya!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-01 09:45 am   Permalink

I found that book at the check-out counter at my local Long's Drug store and picked it up there last week.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 3:08 pm   Permalink

I just popped into Martini Monkey on my way out of San Jose yesterday morning. I had an Aviator, and fell in love with it. I've found the recipe reprinted on the web, but none of them mention the specific gin that MM uses in the drink. Does anyone here know what brand it was?

Mahalo in Advance.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

[ This Message was edited by: MrBaliHai 2007-12-20 04:05 ]

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmonkeysj

Posted: 2007-12-19 8:23 pm   Permalink

We are currently using Sarticious Gin from Santa Cruz, CA. We have used Van Gogh, Junipero, and Aviation Gins in the past, but my two favorites are local gins Sarticious and Junipero (San Fran).

Thank you for stopping in the other day and trying our Aviator cocktail. Much appreciated!!!

Happy Holidays,
CHEERS!!!

Jay Crabb
Martini Monkey Bar & Lounge
San Jose Int'l Airport
Terminal C

* Just as a side note: we are now officially BEHIND security, but look for a Martini Monkey outside of the airport in late 2008. SALUD!!

View Profile of mmonkeysj Send a personal message to mmonkeysj  Email mmonkeysj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-20 04:04 am   Permalink

Nothing like hearing the answer straight from the Martini Monkey's mouth, as it were... Thanks Jay!

And kudos to the bartender on duty (wish I could remember his name). It's pretty rare to see someone in an airport bar, or any bar, spend so much time crafting a drink at 10:00am on a Saturday morning.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-21 5:47 pm   Permalink

Jay just posted the recipe for his new holiday drink, "Christmas In A Cocktail Glass" on Tiki Central. You can find the recipe here. Enjoy, it's a fantastic drink, especially for the holidays!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation