Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events VampTiki #2 [June 2]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
VampTiki #2 [June 2]
Bincho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-03 7:38 pm   Permalink

Wish we could have made it- but the kids had to come first ;D
Sounds like it was a good time!

View Profile of Bincho Send a personal message to Bincho      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-03 8:24 pm   Permalink

My Mom made it to San Diego and just like I figured....she was interviewed at the airport....I can hardly wait to see the news at ten, she will probably be on. Her friend picked her up and she is on her way home now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-06-03 9:22 pm   Permalink

Marlene,

I'm so glad your mother is ok. I had such a good time chatting with her yesterday, she is a riot. I'm terrified of flying and my worst fear is always that the landing gear will not deploy. I had a couple of strong cocktails before I boarded my flight a few hours ago.

Thank you for a fun party, drinks and company. It was so much fun catching up w everyone.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-03 9:59 pm   Permalink

Just talked to my Mom and she is safe at home and of course has funny stories. She said it was a real rough landing but the pilot had prepared the passengers well. After the plane stopped, my Mom was ushered down the emergency ramp and she said she yelled "wheee what fun" and the fireman said "oh we are so glad you are here" and my Mom said "I'm so glad I'm here too" and then they ushered them away from the plane and they had to wait for a bus, but my Mom told the firemen she had to pee and asked if they had a place on their rig for her to go to the bathroom.....they laughed and said no but you can go over in those bushes. So another man had to go also and took my Mom with him to the bushes....and he stamped around to be sure there weren't andy snakes there....then they did their business. My Mom had previously watched the man who had taken pictures of the plane and she said to him "I hope you didn't take any pictures of my arse, cause everyone will be more interested in that instead of the plane crash."

Waiting for the news now.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-04 12:00 am   Permalink

Sure enough...my Mom (Lois) made it on TV (on at least one stations)....thanks Moondog426 for TEVOing it for me. I did get to see it, so now I just need to figure out how to get a video or DVD to give to my Mom.

PICTURES

BrendasTikiHut

Tikis on a ledge (gifts from Dan)

CoronaContessa, Beth, Lynda, Sue (the card sharks)

DrTikiMojo, Beth, Moondog426

Eva,Vamps Mom (Lois), and Steve McGarrett

Vamps Brother-In-Law (George) looks on as MrBrendasTikiHut feeds The Viking

Ken and Lois

Vamp, Lois, Vamps Sister (Dee)

Sorry for bluriness...Ken, Lois, Dave

Ken and Dan

Vamps friend (Patti), George, MrBrendasTikiHut

Ken kicks back with a brewsky

PsychoTikiD sans The Viking

Wendy, DrTikiMojo sans The Viking ala tophat, Eva

Lois, George, Dee

TigerLily sans The Viking

FATIMA BLUSH: Oh, how reckless of me. I made you all wet.
JAMES BOND: Yes, but my martini is still dry.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 01:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 06:02 ]

Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 08:04 am   Permalink

Mahalo Vampiress for a WONDERFUL party! Sean and I had a great time. Would have loved to have stayed for the hula contest, but obligations awaited. Hope Dave got some good pics! George was a great bbq'er. Hope everything is fine with your mom. She's a hoot! I'm sure she'll give them a great sound bite for the news.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 08:54 am   Permalink

The tiki gods were smiling on us all on Saturday. Apparently their smiles resonated on into Sunday. I missed all of this action as I was semi nursing a Mai Tai hangover all day yesterday.

I stayed on the couch most of Sunday watching movies and occasionally attempting to eat something. I could not believe my eyes this morning when I saw Vamp's mom on the 6:30 news talking about the plane crash. Wow, she looked great after a near catastrophe. (I think it was my lucky tiki shirt she wore on Saturday)!

Sorry we came later than we planned, looks like we missed a couple of TCer's.

Great to see those who were still there when we arrived and thanks again to Vamp for hosting another Nor Cal tiki event and to Dr. Tiki Mojo for the stuff he brought out for sale!

See you all soon,

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and today I feel much better).

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-06-04 09:49 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-04 8:12 pm   Permalink

If anyone knows how to save a video from these links...please let me know, as I would like to save them to my files.

This link shows my Mom's interview.
plane crash

This was just after the crash landing.
crash landing

Some other Interviews.
aftermath

Another link.
plane

Some more video.
post incident

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 20:52 ]

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 07:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-03 21:59, VampiressRN wrote:
....and he stamped around to be sure there weren't andy snakes there....

Why? Are they worse than Dave or Chuck snakes?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 08:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

Vamp, Lois, Vamps Sister (Dee)

Sorry for bluriness...Ken, Lois, Dave

The camera has been drinking, the camera has been drinking... Not Meeeeee!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-05 8:47 pm   Permalink

LOL Kon-Hemsby....I saw that typo and believe me I almost edited it, but was too busy. At least they weren't trouser snakes....cause those can really be dangerous in the bush.

freddie....I think you are correct....I really do need to keep an eye on that camera, it has an affinity for flashy drinks.

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 12:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-04 20:12, VampiressRN wrote:

This link shows my Mom's interview.
plane crash

This was just after the crash landing.
crash landing

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-06-04 20:52 ]

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!! Was this on your mom's trip home?

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-10 1:51 pm   Permalink

Yes, she was on her way home to San Diego...that was crazy huh!!! I just hooked up with Wendy and Dan yesterday...and big THANX to Wendy as she caught a TV news announcement with one of my Mom's interviews on video.

My Mom hasn't seen any of the TV announcements about the emergency landing, so she is really going to appreciate the video. I still can't figure out how to capture those on-line videos to save them in my files....and figure those links will go dead eventually...so having the video is a real treasure.

I know moondog TEVOed it so hopefully someone will check in here and tell me how to save it from that form.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation