FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki *Rescheduled* RADIO Show to discuss the RAPID CLOSURE of Trader Vic's May 3rd 10am
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
*Rescheduled* RADIO Show to discuss the RAPID CLOSURE of Trader Vic's May 3rd 10am
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 09:16 am   Permalink

***UPDATE*** The Trader Vic's story has been RESCHEDULED for Thursday May,03 at 10am! I called the station and confirmed.

Christiki295 had posted this, but I thought it deserved its own thread in case people missed the post, and wanted to listen in LIVE via podcast or live stream from their website...
The matter will be discussed today, Wednesday, by one of our number on KPCC Airtalk at 10:00 a.m. on 89.3 FM.

click here to Listen Live
I also am sending over an email with the "Official Press Release" so they have something to refer to, in case they don't have it...Call in too,if you have time to express your feelings about the whole scheme of things.

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2007-05-02 12:07 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 10:04 am   Permalink

The Show is about to start...

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 10:44 am   Permalink

Bumped by the riots??

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 10:47 am   Permalink

yeah, it seems so...they did mention at 10am that they were going to discuss the closure of TV, but the riots takes precedence i guess! I want to go picket trader vic's and cause a riot now! maybe we can get some media to cover me getting a baton cracking me in the head....then again, maybe not!lol

Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 11:18 am   Permalink

blah, blah, blah! Who cares about Russia!? We Want The Airwaves!!!

PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 11:45 am   Permalink

Now they've moved on to discussing Taiwan, when they should be talking about Mai Tais at Trader Vic's Beverly Hills.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 12:09 pm   Permalink

Its been rescheduled due to the overtime airing of the Immigration riots. Thursday May 3rd, 10am

Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-02 11:50 pm   Permalink

*bump* nudge!

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 01:14 am   Permalink

As unhappy as I am about this closure as well....try to keep in mind that it's just not that big a deal to the rest of the Beverly Hills area and certainly not the country or the world...otherwise it would have never gotten closed in the first place.

Naturally ALL OF US here on Tiki Central are pissed to high heaven about the matter but that still never managed to get it registered as a Historically Important Sight or on the National Register for Historic Places.

http://www.nationaltrust.org/

I will stop to see if they do finally talk about it in the media at all just because I'll be interested to know a Non-Tiki fan opinion of it all.

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 08:55 am   Permalink

Well here is a media clip from our local news that I had contacted prior to heading there to take my last outside pictures. The coverage is basically the release that the Hilton put out.
Fox 11 talks about Trader Vic's

Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:11 am   Permalink

Well, as I might have suspected they were very nonchalant about the whole thing.....don't worry it's not going away completely, they're moving it pool side it's just smaller......no, they're tearing down a National Historic Landmark and replacing it with a little, shiny piece of CRAP with no historical relevance what so ever!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:35 am   Permalink

They are talking about it right now.
10:35am

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-03 10:35 am   Permalink

It's on now...

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 11:00 am   Permalink

pure bullsh!t....they talked about every other place besides the closure of TV....Well thats media for ya! And Chris doesn't even know that Sams seafood is scheduled to reopen...lol...Man, TC needs some Representation who knows what going on! I'm going outside to go kick some rocks......

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2007-05-03 11:02 ]

Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-03 12:31 pm   Permalink

Kick a couple for me too. I could suggest a pair of initials, but I think we all know whose rocks we'd like to see kicked. What can the media do now but eulogize TV's 90210? Chopping her in the night totally changed the campaign; there's no "there there" to "save" anymore. Just pieces, any by now probably not even possible to even theoretically put right again. Nice.

The media could possibly maintain some interest were this story recast as "a murder investigation", which it is -- the decision of a short-sighted few (and another few who looked the other way) to kill off a treasured part of our cultural heritage, before equal forces could be brought to bear. Axe in the night, knife in the back. Dishonorable. The Fix is Big, and the media is on to the next story.

and Tiki-times were hot..."

[ This Message was edited by: Son-of-Kelbo 2007-05-03 12:46 ]

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation