FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Summer Swap - Draw done - Thanks GMan
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Summer Swap - Draw done - Thanks GMan
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-05 11:20 pm   Permalink

Hi Guys, just been checking out the original swap thread started in Feb, 10000 viewings close to 300 replies to the thread, so I think it was pretty successful.
Glad my piece arrived safely.
Who's up for a Summer Swap (sorry to the NZ guys with your winter approaching)
Maybe a themed swap, list open throught May with finished projects by end of June.
What do you all think. Let's have some ideas.
Best Regards
Flynny

Looks like nautical theme for an end of August completion, have I got the names right.

Tikiskip - completed
Tama - completed
Babalu - completed
Mieko - completed
Sneakytiki - completed
W Plugger -- completed
Ticklish Tiki
Hewey - completed
Queen K - completed
Van Tiki - almost completed
Tikiduddy
Paipo - completed
SurfTiki
P D Drake - almost completed
Tiki Lees - completed
Benzart
Alohastation - completed
Flynny - completed
Otikiniko - completed

We have 15 completed or almost completed, one more person would make for an even draw, if all else fails I will donate a second piece, how about Wednesday for the draw.

[ This Message was edited by: flynny 2007-09-03 23:06 ]

[ This Message was edited by: flynny 2007-09-05 07:29 ]

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 01:39 am   Permalink

I'm up for another, although I think we could wait a little longer - maybe June/July rather than May/June?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Hodad-dy Reid
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-06 05:55 am   Permalink

I like waiting because I would love to get in on it, but I'm not in much of a position to put anything together for a couple of months. The longer you guys can wait the better for me

View Profile of Big Hodad-dy Reid Send a personal message to Big Hodad-dy Reid  Email Big Hodad-dy Reid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 09:28 am   Permalink

You know I'M in!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 2:48 pm   Permalink

Well it inspired me to actually make something after lurking around here for a couple of years, so count me in.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 4:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-05 23:20, flynny wrote:
Who's up for a Summer Swap (sorry to the NZ guys with your winter approaching)
Maybe a themed swap, list open throught May with finished projects by end of June.

What about us Aussie guys?

surf tiki?
hot rod tiki?

Should we try and encourage more painters/artists? We only had one painter, but their work was awesome and I would like to see more

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 6:16 pm   Permalink

I'm up for Later rather than sooner, like as in July/August??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 8:24 pm   Permalink

Im in again! thanks Flynny!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 11:04 pm   Permalink

How about we keep this thread going till end of June, July we make etc, etc. Hewey I'll post a thread linking thr creating forum to the carving, or should I get the mods to move it.
How about some ideas guys
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-06 11:18 pm   Permalink

Given the latest movie coming out...

PIRATE TIKI

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 12:11 am   Permalink

Im all for Pirate or Hot Rod themes; good call Hewey.

Im also with BenZ's July/August; good call Sir.

Just one thing: My entry will be dependant on my Easter swap-mate coming through... Im still waiting to eat my Easter egg!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 08:12 am   Permalink

I'm in! I'd prefer a little more time to carve, June is really busy for me already. Summer theme sounds pretty good, I think I have an idea already.

One other idea, maybe a few days before the draw we should get a confirmed count? Maybe with progress pictures included? That way if someone wasn't able to get to the piece, they could just be dropped at that point and people are guaranteed a piece?

Mieko

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-07 08:12, mieko wrote:
I'm in! I'd prefer a little more time to carve, June is really busy for me already. Summer theme sounds pretty good, I think I have an idea already.

One other idea, maybe a few days before the draw we should get a confirmed count? Maybe with progress pictures included? That way if someone wasn't able to get to the piece, they could just be dropped at that point and people are guaranteed a piece?

Mieko

Yeah, I agree with this...make the draw from the participants who have posted finished work by the deadline. I thought that was how it would be done last time. It's definitely the fairest way to ensure it goes smoothly.
I don't know about pirate theme - I think we'll just see a dozen tikis with eyepatches, not to mention skulls and crossbones are a bitch to carve! Maybe something more general like sea/nautical themed would give people more scope.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 1:29 pm   Permalink

I'm in....later summer mailing out sounds mucho better....

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 1:55 pm   Permalink

Count me in. Hot Rod sounds good!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation