FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events To Tiki Oasis or Not to Tiki Oasis?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
To Tiki Oasis or Not to Tiki Oasis?
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-09 13:54, Haole'akamai wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-09 13:48, GROG wrote:
GROG was on fence about going to Oasis, but GROG leaning more towards going.

GROG, darling, I'll make it worth your while...

Um, Haole'akamai ... have you forgotten that your spouse is a TC member too?
Wait ... on second thought ... maybe he'll make it worth MY while to attend.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 2:14 pm   Permalink

oh, was that out loud?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-09 2:17 pm   Permalink

Tiki Trav - weren't you at Oasis last year? I thought we met. If you saw the SD sights last year, I'm with Tiki Bird spend the money on a trip to the Cook Islands or somwhere really exotic. Oasis is fun, but not sure $3000 fun.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 2:45 pm   Permalink

If your planning on going to any of the amusement parks in California, tack on another $500.00 if you have a large family.

TBird.

View Profile of Tiki Bird Send a personal message to Tiki Bird  Email Tiki Bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 2:54 pm   Permalink

If the hotel rooms are too expensive, you can always crash on Otto's floor.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 2:56 pm   Permalink

Hey Trav,

I can definitely understand the $3,000 bucks side of the story...kept Mrs.Mojo and I from attending Hukilau so far....2 tickets to Florida from California and so much else happening right here in California!

On the Pro side of Tiki Oasis the hotel is still pretty cool and more Tiki than most, there's the Bali Hai, the music, the room parties, the drinks and all the TC Ohana!

If you need more reminders I can post pictures again!

What's more is that Bahooka is celebrating their 40th Anniversary the following weekend if you're able to stay awhile!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24003&forum=17&9

[ This Message was edited by: Dr.TikiMojo 2007-05-09 14:57 ]

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 5:36 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone for your input, I am still 99% attending Oasis (yes i was there last year), but might require some tips as to what else is on, as i travel alone i am free to go anywhere really but it can be hard logistically to find all the spots/gigs around. Last year i did Oasis, Bali Hai, Mr Tiki,Tiki Ti,Lucky Tiki and otto's in nyc. this year i am only visiting California (& a quick visit to vegas hopefully)& plan to fly in the day before Holden's tiki farm bash and the bahooka gig sounds good which would be towards the end of my trip, Disneyland is checked off my list and was awesome last time. San Francisco would be cool as it seems to have lots of tiki stuff..
Thanks again for the help and any tips/ideas/dates/venues are much appreciated.. Keep em comin!
Cheers..

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 6:05 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu is right. The Hanalei may have gone through another "rinse cycle" but is by no means down for the count! Still plenty of good tiki mana left in the old joint. Put that together with a dazzling array of talent, events, vendors and of course...da Ohana and I think this might turn out to be one of the best Oasises ever. Plus it's in August and the pool will be totally happenin' (like the Caliente)

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 6:50 pm   Permalink

Tiki Trav,
Since you hit a good portion of Southern California last time, I would highly recommend that you check out Northern California this time. We have a lot to offer up here, what with 3 Trader Vic's restaurants, Forbidden Island, the Conga Lounge, Kona Club..... Plus, you could check out the city of San Francisco as well. Although both Southern CA and Northern CA have quite a bit to offer, they are pretty much different in climate, atmosphere, and attitude so you will notice a difference.

Hitting Holden's Big Ol' Tiki Bash party at Tiki Farm is a great call! If you are going to do that and Tiki Oasis, then just those two event alone will be worth it, not to mention the other travelling you have planned. The Tiki Farm party is on July 21, and Tiki Oasis is Aug 16 - 19, so I was curious as to how much travel time you planning on spending out this way?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 8:03 pm   Permalink

Vending Poolside this year!

( how the F#!* are they gonna get Zack's tiki's in there??!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 8:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-09 12:24, Swanky wrote:
My thought lately is that I would really like to have an event with just A and C. Now, this happens all over the country on various night regularly and inregularly as locals congregate or out of towners drop in. So, how do you make an event that is just A and C work on a big scale?

That's the dilemma. I want to figure out ways to have an event at a tiki bar for the fans.

Swanky,
My thoughts are that you need to have the event at a place that generates a lot of the Aloha spirit. Like the Mai Kai, even though they already have the entertainment already built in. I would still go to some event at the Mai Kai, even if they didn't have a dinner show, because the place is awesome, and I would enjoy hangin' out drinking with friends in the Molokai bar. How big of an event are you planning, something as big as Tiki Oasis or Hukilau?

Whether it's a big place or a smaller place, it's going to have to be pretty cool, like the Mai Kai or Forbidden Island. The place with the cool vibe is what is going to draw in the people.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 9:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-09 20:34, Mai Tai wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-09 12:24, Swanky wrote:
My thought lately is that I would really like to have an event with just A and C. Now, this happens all over the country on various night regularly and inregularly as locals congregate or out of towners drop in. So, how do you make an event that is just A and C work on a big scale?

That's the dilemma. I want to figure out ways to have an event at a tiki bar for the fans.

Swanky,
My thoughts are that you need to have the event at a place that generates a lot of the Aloha spirit. Like the Mai Kai, even though they already have the entertainment already built in. I would still go to some event at the Mai Kai, even if they didn't have a dinner show, because the place is awesome, and I would enjoy hangin' out drinking with friends in the Molokai bar. How big of an event are you planning, something as big as Tiki Oasis or Hukilau?

Whether it's a big place or a smaller place, it's going to have to be pretty cool, like the Mai Kai or Forbidden Island. The place with the cool vibe is what is going to draw in the people.

Ahem. Something is in my throat! ahem!!

Spwanky,

There will be a time when it's just a few still standing,

and we'll be there!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-09 10:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-09 13:54, Haole'akamai wrote:
GROG, darling, I'll make it worth your while...

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2007-05-09 22:45 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-10 12:01 am   Permalink

grog, if your not packing your bags now you really are just a big dumb caveman.

[ This Message was edited by: Cannibal Sam 2007-05-10 00:02 ]

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-10 06:44 am   Permalink

Well, to some extent, Tiki Eyeball is just such an event. There are things going on entertainment wise, but, it's all a good excuse to hang out with Chicago and mid-west ohana at a tiki bar celebrating its 40th anniversary. I think it will be a good time. May be a lot smaller than Hukilau, but, it will be a great time with the ohana and with Witco and Mai Tais...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation