FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » This is f*cking hot...
This is f*cking hot...
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-09 11:34 pm   Permalink

http://kavakon.com/kava1.html

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-10 05:44 am   Permalink

Indeed it is....I have that CD and truly enjoy it. A good investment!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-10 11:40 am   Permalink

I agree with the vibraphoning blood sucker!
I was just wondering if any talented folks were going to combine exotica with trance and ambient music. Viola! (Such a nice little price too!)

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-12 3:52 pm   Permalink

There is an article in the new Tiki Magazine about the mix of Exotica and Electronica. It was interesting to read, and I like some of it.
But I'm not 100% crazy fan of it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-12 5:24 pm   Permalink

It's good. I'd say decent. I've got it and a song from it comes up now and again on the playlist. It's, er... electronic though. But f*cking hot? Put down the glass, get a good night's sleep and see if it's still f*cking hot in the morning.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-13 03:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-12 15:52, bigtikidude wrote:
There is an article in the new Tiki Magazine about the mix of Exotica and Electronica. It was interesting to read, and I like some of it.
But I'm not 100% crazy fan of it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Electronic Exotica music is definitely a different breed and not everyone's cup of tea. I find it fascinating though and savor it like a fine wine, or mai tai.

I can't wait to hear what Kavakon comes out with next!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-13 08:11 am   Permalink

Still hot...I liked it merely for the fact that it's something a bit colorful and different awash in a sea of revisionist exotica yawns.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-13 11:44 am   Permalink

I like it as they did such a great job of blending the styles. It is different and refreshing and I do appreciate electronic music that has a good driving samba or bossanova beat. The compositions are simple and clean and there is a good mix of easy listening with energetic pieces. It's not Les Baxter or Don Tiki, but it is a welcome option on my turn table.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation