FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Oasis Roll Call
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis Roll Call
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 9:37 pm   Permalink

Big changes today (transfer from California Events topic: "Tiki Tuesday @ Sam's Aug.7th"):

"...as a result of today's upsets, Tiki Lion gets to paddle his outrigger down to Oasis VII next week (my first!) for late Friday eve through Sunday afternoon!
And next Friday's my Birthday!!!
I'm positively Cheshire about it all!"

Got event tix, and barely secured a mooring for the outrigger: the Crowne Plaza Hotel - Mission Valley tells me they're now booked solid.

VampiressRN, thanks for the welcome; I really appreciate your spirit, thanks very much!
We should get together at the Oasis: many years ago I had Pt's in Lincoln communities, before settling into Dz Mgmt.

See yuz allz next weekend, and maybe some of yuz at Tiki-Ti tomorrow eve (check the topic)!

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EdsGoneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-10 02:28 am   Permalink

Okay, maybe its time to post! My wife, Cindy, and I will be there Thurs thru Sun. This will be her first Oasis and my second. We're looking forward to it--the people, old friends and new, the booze, the MaiTais, the music, the art, the tikis, and whatever else can we cram into four days!
and I too will be glad take pictures and would be more than happy to share 'em!
Heres a few from last year!

See ya in One week!! --Ed

View Profile of EdsGoneTiki Send a personal message to EdsGoneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 09:52 am   Permalink

NEWSFLASH!
the wifey and i will be shooting down on Saturday for the day!
Gonna check out what all the Hullaballoo is all about!
If we're only going for the day-can we buy tix there the day of the event?
And where do we park?
OOOPs!
just found out you gotta have a room in order to get in to see the vendors
on Saturday! wow...thought i could just pay my forty and get to wander around
and meet all the cool TC peeps....sigh....bummer...

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-08-10 12:50 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Netty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-10 4:36 pm   Permalink

We will be there. Bringing hubby's brother, so three of us this year.

Netiki

View Profile of Netty Send a personal message to Netty  Email Netty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 12:34 am   Permalink

I know id go just for the day but if you cant get in to hang out without buying a room Bummer Man .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 09:53 am   Permalink

I & the missus will be there but we are staying at the Mission Valley Resort
875 Hotel Circle South cuz we get it virtually FREE but have to endure the dreaded TIMESHARE presentation on Sun.--will take to short OPT OUT of purchase route to try to get out of THAT

anyone else staying in odd hotels near this locale? would like to find ohana to hang with

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-13 12:41 am   Permalink

Tiki Baļ will be in attendance, winding up a 3 week SoCal tiki-tour before heading back to Paris. We'll see y'all there!

squid

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 1:52 pm   Permalink

i'll miss you folks Thur. as I'm Aping in SF... and am screwed for an early arrival Fri.... toss a few back for me till i get there

see ya sat. day bright and early for these....
Check Out the Colors Dude!!
here are forty of 100 Tik-nicolored Hanalei Charms....

no more then 4 of one color for these 100 and very few one of a kind APs!!!
more info in Market place

see you in hrs!!!!!!???? Yikes

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 2:33 pm   Permalink

Coco Loco and I are leaving Alameda in a half hour, and heading straight to Tiki Ti. We'll roll into San Diego on Thursday late morning. See you there!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 4:53 pm   Permalink

TofuJoe & I are heading out to the Thayerport (as my brother calls it) to catch our 7pm flight out. Anyone want to pick us up in San Diego (at around 9pm) and take us over to Tiki Ti?!

heh heh heh...

[ This Message was edited by: Haole'akamai 2007-08-15 16:55 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiblog.com
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-15 5:09 pm   Permalink

MexicanTiki and I will be arriving early Friday and will begin the "Almost Real Time" photo log like we did at last year's TO6. We will hopefully be adding some video clips of this year's event as well.

Also, Otto asked me to leak out what the theme will be for next year's Tiki Oasis 8. So if you are interested in knowing what that theme will be, jump on over to
http://www.tikiblog.com

[ This Message was edited by: tikiblog.com 2007-08-15 17:11 ]

View Profile of tikiblog.com Send a personal message to tikiblog.com  Email tikiblog.com Goto the website of tikiblog.com     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MEAN GENE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 5:26 pm   Permalink

I'M IN!

View Profile of MEAN GENE Send a personal message to MEAN GENE  Email MEAN GENE Goto the website of MEAN GENE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-15 7:20 pm   Permalink

Mike & I will be there... drinking, dancing, vending, and drinking! I can't believe it's been 15 months since Oasis VI. I need my fix!!!

See you all tomorrow! If you don't know me I'll be the one with the curly red hair, the big smile and the cute guy on my arm.

PS. Hit up Otto's free seminar on the history of tiki art Sunday 12:30-1:30. One of my limited edition prints (Offerings) will be for sale there in a refurbished hand-painted vintage frame. #2/30

PPS. Edsgonetiki!!! How's it going? Nice montage!!! See ya there.

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2007-08-15 19:23 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EdsGoneTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-16 12:25 am   Permalink

Hey Travellin' Tiki!
Its going great! So looking forward to seeing you and Mike again!
Thanks for the montage kudos!!
That was a great night at the Bali Hai! We'll do it again tomorrow night!!
OMG!!! I mean tonight!! and I haven't even packed or slept yet!!

See you soon!!
--Ed

View Profile of EdsGoneTiki Send a personal message to EdsGoneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 01:51 am   Permalink

Adam and I will be rolling out late Friday night after I finish slingin' hooch at Saints & Sinners.
This will be our FIRST Oasis and we are really looking forward to it!

I got's my Shaheen dresses and my go go boots ready!!!!

***Also, I am pleased as punch (rum punch of course) to announce that my Coconut Monkey Paintings and Prints will be on display and for sale ALL WEEKEND at San Diego's very own fabulous Freaky Boutiki!***

http://thefreakfactory.biz/boutiki/page2.html

***Swing on by to check out this unique shop on the beachfront, and while your at it, why not adopt a Coconut Monkey Painting of your own? All procedes go to the collection and preservation of wayward coconut monkeys.***

http://coconutmonkeyproject.blogspot.com/

See you at Oasis!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation