FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis Roll Call
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis Roll Call
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 1:58 pm   Permalink

I can't remember if I replied to this.
but I am gonna be there, but I need to figure out where I am staying or if I am sleeping in the back of my truck.

My friend Kristena is going to be quest dj'ing with Clint Beachwood on Sat. afternoon doing an all trad surf set.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 2:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 07:45, Cammo wrote:
There'll be at least 20 (!) Tiki Carving Village demos through the weekend, and they're all free. We'll schedule them around the seminars, etc. so you folks can see everything.

Good thing WE aren't charging, eh Cammo? Although, it IS probably worth a good 25 bucks to watch the new guy ruin a great log and then stab himself in the crotch with his new Flexcut chisels.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-16 10:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 07:45, Cammo wrote:
There'll be at least 20 (!) Tiki Carving Village demos through the weekend, and they're all free. We'll schedule them around the seminars, etc. so you folks can see everything.

Not only is the entire carvers village free of charge to guests, so is the uke jam on sunday, Tiki bazaar (shopping) on Sunday, and Bosko's seminar and my own seminar. As well as the room crawls (trade for gifts of booze, etc.)

So there is plenty of FREE stuff going on for those who have cashed in on travel expenses.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-17 11:17 am   Permalink

Hmmm.......not really looking for a free ride, but thanks. I bought tickets.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-19 4:46 pm   Permalink

We'll be there as a group of three,
Naomi and Nina and also me.

On Thursday night, the Bali Hai one,
DJ Kapu Cabana will go go Hawaiian.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-19 5:00 pm   Permalink

aquarj, good to hear...see you there.

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaptainSanDiego

Posted: 2007-07-23 8:43 pm   Permalink

We are again doing some fun
round trips from the hotel to the Bali Hai, as well as 2 adventures during Tiki Oasis. On Thursday, we are adding the unique water taxi to the mix! If you have never arrived at the Bali Hai by boat, this tour is for you!

Thursday Aug 16th - Our open air double decker bus will depart the Crown Plaza Hotel every 45 minutes, beginning at 4:15pm, 5pm, 5:45pm, 6:30pm, 7:15pm, 8pm etc
If you want to do the water taxi across the bay at the new tiki bar by the Marriott pool, you should reserve a spot for the 4:15pm bus or be at the Bali Hai's dock at 450pm. The water taxi tour is limited to 40 people. Cost is $34 for roundrip transporation from the hotel on the bus. It does include the water taxi fare.

You can also take the open air double decker bus from the hotel to the Bali Hai for $16 roundtrip. Again, the bus departs every 45 minutes beginning at 4:15pm. The bus can hold up to 65 people. We suggest you mail a check to reserve a spot and you also save $2 per person by sending a check. Subtract $2 per person and send checks to Where You Want To Be Tours 255 G St # 716 San Diego CA 92101. Send your check by August 11th. Sorry, no credit cards.

Friday Aug 17th -Take a tiki tour on the open air double decker bus 11am - 4pm
Stops will include lunch/drinks at the China Inn in Pacific Beach; the Crystal Pier
and its colorful hotel, shops with tiki merchandise, Paradise Point's tropical bar, and the Catamaran Resort. $26 price includes 2 drinks on board the London style Open air double decker bus. Lunch and drinks at the China Inn are not included.
Subtract $2 from the $26 ticket price by mailing a check today!

The Thursday event is co-sponsored by TIKI MAGAZINE & WHERE YOU WANT TO BE TOURS

Be there...Aloha!

View Profile of CaptainSanDiego Send a personal message to CaptainSanDiego  Email CaptainSanDiego Goto the website of CaptainSanDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimania
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-07-23 8:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-16 13:58, bigtikidude wrote:
I can't remember if I replied to this.
but I am gonna be there, but I need to figure out where I am staying or if I am sleeping in the back of my truck.

My friend Kristena is going to be quest dj'ing with Clint Beachwood on Sat. afternoon doing an all trad surf set.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yep...
See you all there.

By the way, Clint and I will be doing a KCR pre-show on the Thursday of the event, right before the Bali Hai.
If you tune into
www.kcrlive.com from 4-6 pm that day, you can listen!

-Kristena

View Profile of tikimania Send a personal message to tikimania      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-23 11:38 pm   Permalink

Wow, man.......LOTS of people are trying to make money off of us having fun!! I'll tell you what= I've got a nice old H-D,Vtwin Softail and I'll drag you behind the fucker for free.

I guarantee you'll be more fucked up from MY ride than theirs!!

The FRIDAY trip does sound like a good value and a lot of fun though.

My advice? SAVE YOUR MONEY.......BUY TIKIS!!! MEET LOCALS( that aren't trying to capitolize on you), HAVE MORE FUN.

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 12:24 pm   Permalink

Im in, finally got tickets.....looking forward to it and meeting everyone.

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-24 1:22 pm   Permalink

I went on the Tiki Bus Tour last year, and it was really fun. This year, the stop at the China Inn (and hopefully HodadHank's Freaky BouTIKI shop) is a great idea; the Polynesian drinks there are the best priced around. The Friday excursion is a must-do for first time out-of-towners, where else can you let somebody else drive you to all the Tiki spots in Pacific Beach?

And the water taxi is a swell idea too, boats are the perfect place to party on - and on....

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-25 5:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-24 13:22, Cammo wrote:
I went on the Tiki Bus Tour last year, and it was really fun. This year, the stop at the China Inn (and hopefully HodadHank's Freaky BouTIKI shop) is a great idea; the Polynesian drinks there are the best priced around. The Friday excursion is a must-do for first time out-of-towners, where else can you let somebody else drive you to all the Tiki spots in Pacific Beach?

And the water taxi is a swell idea too, boats are the perfect place to party on - and on....

I may check that out if I have time......or maybe I'll just send the wife out on the tour with the camera so I can chop.

tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 1:39 pm   Permalink

Aloha to All!

RE: The Safari continues - Marching towards VII.

The thunderous storms and dense jungles are clearing so I WILL be able to make it to Oasis 7 in time. A nasty row with some headhunters almost "cut off" my trip plans but, alas, it seems my head is too hard to shrink!

Oh what fun it will be to once again hear the (friendly) beat of the drums and rest in the comfort of the bamboo's shade without fear that the bamboo comes with assorted varieties of poison darts.

The trip thru the asphalt jungles of SoCal will include being in LA the week before Oasis. Of course I will be up for visits to watering holes where our friendly ohana imbibe. Please email me if plans have already been wrought for such festivities.

Can't wait to see each and everyone in the amazing Kingdom of Oasis.

VII ! ! ! Wow. Seem like just yesterday when a handful of us roamed the desert and happened upon that once friendly Caliente Tropics - my how we have grown!

Balmy regards to all,

Tiki Bob
(email:
rcbrooksod@aol.com)

Three lovers of tiki - each not candidates for head shrinking.

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob 2007-07-27 13:42 ]

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 2:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[

You can also take the open air double decker bus from the hotel to the Bali Hai for $16 roundtrip. Again, the bus departs every 45 minutes beginning at 4:15pm. The bus can hold up to 65 people. We suggest you mail a check to reserve a spot and you also save $2 per person by sending a check. Subtract $2 per person and send checks to Where You Want To Be Tours 255 G St # 716 San Diego CA 92101. Send your check by August 11th. Sorry, no credit cards.

How long does it take by double-decker bus from the hotel to the Bali Hai? We have a 5:45 dinner reservation....

Thanks!

Kiki - It's great that you have organized this. We took buses to the Mai Kai for Hukilau and it was a lot safer than trying to drive home!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
babydoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-27 11:20 pm   Permalink

Seeking additional PHOTOGRAPHERS and VIDEOGRAPHERS for Tiki Oasis!

Hello there! Every year we see hundreds of folks taking photos at Tiki Oasis. We know that you are out there.... We are looking for people to take photos during the weekend for possible inclusion in our Tiki Oasis 7 dvd or on our website (if we can figure out how to get photos online! HA!). This isn't a paid gig but I have been known to shower people with some cool gift for helping me out! Soooo if you take photos during the weekend and you are proud of the quality please E-MAIL those to Baby Doe at:
thedevilettes@hotmail.com OR pop them in the mail to: 2215-R Market Street #177 SF CA (remember to include YOUR information!)

We love photos of: bands, dancers, vendors, symposiums, kids, tiki's, poolside fun, room parties... well just about anything!

If you have a HIGH QUALITY video camera and plan to be at the event please contact me prior to the event about possibly being an official Tiki Oasis videographer!

XOXO Baby Doe
Tiki Oasis

View Profile of babydoe Send a personal message to babydoe  Goto the website of babydoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation