FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Vintage Jade Tiles
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Vintage Jade Tiles
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-13 7:11 pm   Permalink

Go mike go

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-13 11:01 pm   Permalink

OK Vamp, Giles, & H10T. I tried one mold a while back and it failed, I have a new plan but it involves some uncharted territory for me. I have some other projects going on right now, my goal is to see if I can have some Jade Tile Coasters ready by the end of summer.

EDIT - this thread is not really the place for Market discussions, I'll send you a PM if/when I get some ready.

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2012-05-13 23:04 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-13 11:14 pm   Permalink

Me want some too Mad Dog!

Would make a fun pendant!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2012-05-14 12:20 am   Permalink

Fabulous...will follow your progress in the marketing forum.

And now back to tiles tiles and more tiles. I love the vibrant colors and especially that soft yellow color. Keep those pictures coming.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-16 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-11-18 14:42, VanTiki wrote:
Great thread! Those tiles are all over Oahu. Seemed to be a popular architectural accent for homes built in the 30's. You can spot them on homes along the old pali road, in Nuuanu, and a few in Manoa. A bunch are set in a wall in Lanikai, and I always ponder where I could get my hands on some every time I run by it.

Henrik

that's ironic considering you work in ceramics and can make your own anytime you want !!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Traderpup
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-30 07:45 am   Permalink

Chinese tile score! It was free! Ever see one in day glow orange??

View Profile of Traderpup Send a personal message to Traderpup  Email Traderpup Goto the website of Traderpup     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-30 12:26 pm   Permalink

The Adelaide Tichenor House in Long Beach, CA was built in 1904 by the famed Craftsmen architects Greene & Greene and it has a distinct Japanese influence. Greene & Greene had designed quite a few of the furnishings for the home, but they have long since been sold. The home was remodeled in 1953 and I'm assuming that is when the jade tiles were added since I can't them in the 1904 pictures. The house caught fire in 2011, but before then was in desperate need of preserving. It doesn't help that Long Beach doesn't do a good job at preserving its past and the oceanfront home is now scrunched in between 2 condo buildings.
It's at 852 E. Ocean Blvd and is so overgrown with trees and shrubs you have probably driven by it and not noticed it. That stretch of Ocean Blvd used to be lined with stately homes, but most have been torn down and replaced with apartment buildings or condos.
http://www.usc.edu/dept/architecture/greeneandgreene/261.html

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2013-03-30 12:27 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-30 3:33 pm   Permalink

Saw these at a store near Portland Trader Vic's
I think they were around 65.00 ea

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-30 4:05 pm   Permalink

Wow..that orange one is crazy cool!!! I would love to have a whole heard of tiles, they would look good on some kind of a bamboo grid on my ceiling...maybe in the year 2525.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-30 5:38 pm   Permalink

Vamp,
It's been almost a year,
Did MDM ever make any small ones?

Jon

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-30 11:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah I was noticing that. If anyone can do it MDM would be the man!!! Will ask him if he has made any progress. Those would be awesome coasters.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation