FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » 2007 Lamp Day May 26th-Vista, CA
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
2007 Lamp Day May 26th-Vista, CA
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 06:37 am   Permalink

I'm in, sounds like we've got a great day in store for us!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-24 1:50 pm   Permalink

Can't wait, this should be fun.

Anybody else making the trek down from LA?

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 10:31 am   Permalink

Ok.....

We have 12 participants and all of the lamp kits are READY for you....

If you have any of the following items please bring them as I dont have enough for everyone and it will slow us down if you need to share too much.

if you dont have them its ok....

-small hammer
-glue gun
-strong scissors

We will start PROMPTLY at 10am because I dont know how long it will take us to get finished... I dont want anyone going home with a half done or half dry lamp.

BE ready for Memorial Day Traffic Southbound on the I-5 through Camp Pendleton and Oceanside.

Im off to go get food and drinks.......

[ This Message was edited by: monkeyman 2007-05-25 10:51 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Den
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-25 3:55 pm   Permalink

I've made it down to San Diego for Lamp Building Day!

Anyone have any recomendations for tiki bars in the area?

Looking to go out tonight with a few friends for drinks!

View Profile of Tiki Den Send a personal message to Tiki Den  Goto the website of Tiki Den     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 9:51 pm   Permalink

THANK YOU to everyone who participated.

I had a great time and am very impressed with how well EVERYONE did with their project.

Im exhausted..... going to bed

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 11:39 pm   Permalink

Man, what a great time. It was really fun to work along the other lamp builders. They all looked so awesome.
Thanks again Derek for putting this together and allowing us in your home. I can't believe that I actually built such an amazing lamp! Here's a few quick pics of it hanging in my patio. It really brings the room together.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 07:55 am   Permalink

I second that... had a great time! Thanks MM... awesome preparations and instruction. Mine won't go up for a few weeks... remodeling and all...

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 10:40 am   Permalink

I had a great time and met some great people! And now I have a beautiful lamp! Here's me and Monkeyman with the lamp:

I'll try to get another picture of it hung up once I get it up.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-05-27 5:36 pm   Permalink

WOW....you folks did a great job...looking forward to seeing more pictures of these great creations.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 9:24 pm   Permalink

wow! the lamps look awesome! bravo derek and all the participants. let's see some more pics.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-27 11:07 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a great time!
Thanks Derek for an excellent day.
Derek is on helluva creative guy and has a real talent for imparting that creative knowledge to others.
It was fun meeting everyone.
Sorry I had to run early but I just made the wedding.
Funny, through the whole thing I was picking Mod Podge off my hands and itching to head out to the parking lot and finish my lamp drying in the trunk!
Can't beat a lamp that glows with a warm light and a warm feeling of new friends, great memories and personal satisfaction.

Here are a few pics of the day and my lamp all finished.

Dry time and time for lunch and drinks!
Derek is not only a great instructor he is also an excellent host.

The Monkeyman class of 2007!

Here's my Monkeyman Lamp in its new home.

[ This Message was edited by: Murph 2007-05-27 23:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Murph 2007-05-27 23:11 ]

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 08:04 am   Permalink

RIGHT ON!!!! Murph...

Murph was the one "student" who had to leave early and with a half completed lamp.... Im stoked that you were successful in completing it.... it looks great.

Thanks for the pics... I didnt take any photos at all.

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 09:15 am   Permalink

Looks like a good time was had by all!

Could someone put names to the faces in that group shot?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 3:15 pm   Permalink

That's fantastic! Nice job everyone!

Hey Monk, if you have any parts left over I would be very interested in purchasing a lamp 'kit' from you, maybe it could be shipped along with my frame whenever it's done? That would be super swell!

Cheers!

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 7:51 pm   Permalink

Hello all, here’s some pictures from the big Monkey Man lamp making extravaganza, for those that missed out it was great, we learned quite a lot.
I would have posted sooner but it took us a while to find the lamp a place of honor in the Kapu Tiki Room ceiling, look greats though

Just starting on the lamps

Here’s a group shot, Derek is very hard to photograph as he doesn’t stand still for very long.

The bottles on the table had something to do with the lamp construction.

Derek working the lamp like a pro

Home up in the ceiling, I changed out the white light to a green; it’s the green tapa lamp just behind the green light.

My very best Alohas

Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation