FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-14 3:34 pm   Permalink

Just an update, Folks! Tiki Oasis is less than 2 days away!

Mahalos to all of you who have posted your desire to host and/or crawl!
At this point we have 11, possibly 12, Hosts who have indicated their wish to serve drinks in their hotel rooms at the Crowne Plaza.

They are:
1. WooHooWahine & Soccer Tiki (Serving Friday 3:00 - 4:30)
2. PiPhiRho (TBD)
3. Croe67 & Skitiki (Serving on Friday 2:30 - 4:00)
4. Cult of the Eye/ Dr. Shocker (Serving Sat. Afternoon 12:30 - 1:30)
5. Cheeky Girl & Kaula Tiki (Serving on Friday 4:00 - 5:30)
6. Tiki Hula & Blowfish (Serving Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30)
7. Billybobaloo & Latiney Wahine (Serving Sat. 4:30 - 5:30)
8. Sea Tiki
9. Rum Shaker (Serving Fri. 3:30 - 5:00)
10.Wersmo Derinc (Purple Orchid's Dave & Rebecca) (Serving Sat. 3:30 - 4:30)
11.Morbid Room (Serving Sat. 4:00 - 5:00 & After party Sat. 12:00 - 1:00)
12.TikiTastic, Panda, Canada Kai Treasure (Serving Fri. 3:30 - 5:00)

Write Ins:

13. Zog (Serving Fri. After Party)
14. Flat Earth Trading Company (Serving Beer! Friday. 8:00 - 9:00)

Room Hosts, when you have chosen a time to serve drinks in your room, please post your name and time on this thread, or PM me and I will update the list. Thank you for your recent updates.

So far 154 people have indicated that they wish to crawl.

Dr. Shocker has been busy designing the Official Tiki Oasis 7 Crawl Card. He has posted a high res .pdf of the Crawl Card on page 15 of this thread, that people can download and print themselves.

I have dinner reservations for Thursday evening at the Bali Hai for 5:30. I will be handing out crawl cards at the bar at the Bali Hai between 4:30 - 5:30 and then again after dinner and during the show. See you there, or by the pool all day on Friday and at the shows on Friday and Saturday nights. Plus I will make an effort to visit each room that is hosting. See you there!

Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

Aloha, Tiki Oasis Room Hosts and Crawlers!

It's about that time, Folks. (Time to start thinking about the 2007 Tiki Oasis Room Crawl...that is.)

So who wants to be a Room Host? Who wants to crawl? Please respond to this thread if you would like to do either or both. Every year we have had a great response, and everyone has had lots of fun decorating their rooms, sampling drinks, and sharing their hospitality and mixology skills!

As I have in the past, I will create a schedule of room hosts and the times they would like to serve drinks in their rooms. As usual, I will create and pass out the Crawl Cards and plastic sleeves on Thursday and Friday at the hotel.(Hopefully before I pass out.)

Anyone can e-mail me with any specific questions, of course. As soon as I get a few responses from interested Room Hosts, I will start posting the schedule. Room Hosts, start thinking about when you would like to open up your room to the crawlers, and let me know of your day and time.

I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends and meeting any newcomers! All are welcome!

Aloha & Mahalo,
Shellpacific@yahoo.com
Shell in the Pacific

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-07 13:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-08 13:00 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-10 14:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-11 15:07 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-15 11:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Shell in the Pacific 2007-08-15 13:01 ]

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-14 4:18 pm   Permalink

WooHooWahine and I will crawl and host.

WoooHooooOOOOOooooooooo!!!!

ONLY 95 DAYS TIL OASIS!!!!!!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-14 7:29 pm   Permalink

The wife and I will crawl.

Mahalo,

Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-14 7:34 pm   Permalink

I will host once again. And when not hosting, will be crawling.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-14 7:38 pm   Permalink

Two more to crawl. Thanks!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-14 8:34 pm   Permalink

We'll be crawling & hosting - had such a great time crawling at the Caliente Tropics that we figured we'd host this year, too. We already have our coll & unique recipe developed - can't wait to share!

Oh - and there will be 3 of us.

[ This Message was edited by: croe67 2007-05-14 20:39 ]

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-14 10:43 pm   Permalink

2 to Crawl for year 2!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-14 10:50 pm   Permalink

its 3 months away....

the ice will all be melted if we plan this far ahead.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 10:58 am   Permalink

You know myself and the COTE will host and if anyone is in need of a room let me know I will see what I can do......

Plus Shell pm me I can do the card design for you if you would like?

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-15 7:03 pm   Permalink

Aloha Hosts and Crawlers,

I got a few questions from VampressRN and I thought I would pass along her questions and my answers to you...

VampressRN wrote:

Hi there.....this will be my first Oasis, so of course I have a few questions about the room crawl.
1. What time does the crawl start on Friday night?
2. Do crawlers usually bring a kudos gift to the hosts?
3. Does everyone end up in one room at a time, or do we rotate through the rooms on a schedule?

My response...

Aloha Vampiress,
Your questions are good ones. If you search the Room Crawl posts from the past you might get a few more answers, and probably end up twice as confused. Anyway, now I will attempt to answer your questions...

The crawl starts when ever the room hosts decide they want to start serving. So that is pretty much up to the hosts to decide when they want to have a bunch of people in their hotel rooms. They usually work around the entertainment schedule, and serve drinks in the afternoons/evenings on Thursday, Friday, and maybe all day Saturday, and after the bands on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Hosts usually sign up for a two hour time block. I just try to keep it organized. The hosts sign up on a first come first serve basis, for the time blocks, and sometimes the times will overlap between hosts. It just all depends on what they want to do.

Once everyone tells me the times they want to host, I print up a schedule of names and times. Then I try to keep the Hosts and Crawlers aware of the times and names of Room Hosts. We never know room numbers until after check in, so we do that by word of mouth at the event. Some Hosts post signs on thier doors or make up invites on small cards that they pass around to crawlers they meet. I usually carry the schedule around with me during the event. If someone brings thier laptop, we could possibly update the schedule during the event! Wow, the technology is just amazing these days!!!

I'm sure Hosts would appreciate donations or small gifts of appreciation/ tips, but that is entirely up to you/or them. Sometimes they make requests, such as bring a bag of ice, or something for mixing, like juice or booze.

So once you get to the hotel, look around for me. I will be the one holding a shoe box full of Crawl Cards, which are like dance cards, that allow you to check off the room hosts you have visited. Hosts will usually initial the card for you or punch it with a hole punch. The card is your souvenier to keep. I usually bring a limited supply of plastic sleeves that you can store your card in and wear around your neck while you crawl. This helps you keep track of your card, and it keeps it from getting wet, unless, of course, you forget to remove it before swimming.

It is fun meeting the hosts and crawlers, sampling the drinks, enjoying the room decor, and running from room to room, trying to visit them all!

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I will be happy to answer them. Or you may post your questions on the Tiki Central Room Crawl Thread and I will answer them there.

Mahalo & Aloha,
Shell in the Pacific

View Profile of Shell in the Pacific Send a personal message to Shell in the Pacific  Email Shell in the Pacific     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-15 7:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting all the info.

4 to crawl (Friday & Saturday night) at our first Oasis. YEEEHAW!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 7:33 pm   Permalink

I am keen to crawl!

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RockNRollRatfink
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:04 pm   Permalink

Depending on how much i drink i may be crawling.. or i could be actually crawling..

how many bottles of rum does it take?
a 1
a 2
a 3...

a 3!

"InK,Drink, and Plants That stinK"

View Profile of RockNRollRatfink Send a personal message to RockNRollRatfink  Email RockNRollRatfink Goto the website of RockNRollRatfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shell in the Pacific
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-16 3:59 pm   Permalink

Great News Folks!! This is an Official Announcement!!

Otto has contacted me and he has decided to officially sponsor the Room Craw at this year's Tiki Oasis 7!!!

Otto has generously offered his support to the Room Crawl, making the Room Crawl an official event of Tiki Oasis.

Now for the first time prizes/gifts will be offered to Room Hosts of the Crawl. Possible prizes may include Tiki Oasis glassware, and Barcardi Rum and Tito's Vodka,(possible spongers of this year's Tiki Oasis)and merchandise from vendors at the Oasis Marketplace.

Cool, huh?

Prizes will be awarded for the following:

Best Tasting Drink
Best Drink Presentation
Best Dressed Room

Now Room Hosts have a little incentive and can be awarded for their efforts! Many Mahalos to Otto, the Official Sponser of the Tiki Oasis 7 Room Crawl!

Aloha & Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-16 5:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-16 15:59, Shell in the Pacific wrote:
Great News Folks!! This is an Official Announcement!!

Otto has contacted me and he has decided to officially sponsor the Room Craw at this year's Tiki Oasis 7!!!

Otto has generously offered his support to the Room Crawl, making the Room Crawl an official event of Tiki Oasis.

Now for the first time prizes/gifts will be offered to Room Hosts of the Crawl. Possible prizes may include Tiki Oasis glassware, and Barcardi Rum and Tito's Vodka,(possible spongers of this year's Tiki Oasis)and merchandise from vendors at the Oasis Marketplace.

Cool, huh?

Prizes will be awarded for the following:

Best Tasting Drink
Best Drink Presentation
Best Dressed Room

Now Room Hosts have a little incentive and can be awarded for their efforts! Many Mahalos to Otto, the Official Sponser of the Tiki Oasis 7 Room Crawl!

Aloha & Mahalo,
Shell in the Pacific

But..But...But what about the big ole Trophy we won last year? "Best in Show" (Fontana Dog Show 1996) I was looking forwared to handing it off to the new reigning Room Winners!!!!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation