FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis VII Room Crawl
skitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-20 6:53 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: skitiki 2007-08-21 09:10 ]

View Profile of skitiki Send a personal message to skitiki  Email skitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-20 7:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-16 15:56, IKABOD wrote:
The Cult Of The Eye has landed.
See you all at The Lounge In Room 1803!

WooooHooooo! You're Suite was INCREDIBLE. Mucho Mahalo!!

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-20 7:40 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kiniki 2011-08-27 17:29 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-20 9:16 pm   Permalink

Wow!
Princess Pupule's Lounge looked great! The way they arranged the decorations almost seemed to defy gravity! it was like the Mystery house!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-21 12:17 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who swung by the "Morbid Room" to hang out and consume some Pomegranate Pygmies!

Here are some pics my wife, Ilene, took:

Dibroc (John Corbid) hanging out behind the great bar he brought for us to use.

Tiki Al and Me.

Devilettes.

Me and Otto.

Some pretty wahines.

Dibroc and Tiki Trav.

Liz trying to find a nice cool place to relax.

I think this was the dreaded moment I ran out of limes and lime juice. The only thing I underestimated. Thanks to everyone who donated limes to the cause, especially PiPhiRho and his three bags!

I had a great time! By the way, this is only my second Oasis and last year I didn't even crawl. It sounded like fun, though, so John and I decided to give it a shot.

For all of you who who have thought about crawling or hosting a room...do it next year! It's a blast and everyone helps out. Mahalos to everyone for a great weekend!!!

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kick_the_reverb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 08:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-20 18:53, skitiki wrote:
Photos of Princess Pupule's Lounge!

Party City overload

View Profile of kick_the_reverb Send a personal message to kick_the_reverb  Email kick_the_reverb Goto the website of kick_the_reverb     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-21 09:09 am   Permalink

Well, gee, I thought that Oasis and the Room Crawl were about having fun and creating lots of positive energy. I just have to tell you guys that the negativity and attacks related to this room award thing are really not in that spirit.

Seriously, it's a decorated hotel room at an event that is meant to be fun and light hearted and I'm definitely getting a strong negative (read sour grapes) vibe here that Princess P and I got the room award.

What's up with that? It doesn't really seem to be in the spirit of what I thought Tiki was about...and it's a bummer to have something that was such a positive experience for me tainted by a few folks who feel the need to make snide comments about our decorations.

The truth is that Shell did an amazing job organizing it, all of the rooms were great, all of the drinks were yummy (and free) and a good time was had by all. Does it really matter who gets an award? I guess to some people that's more important than the experience, but for me it's not.

So, say what you like about our room decorations, and take comfort in the fact that Princess P and I decided on Saturday night that if we host a room for the Crawl in the future, we will be taking ourselves out of the room decoration competition because, for us, it's about the fun and we both have enough stress and competition to deal with in our "real" lives.

View Profile of skitiki Send a personal message to skitiki  Email skitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Barnacle Bella
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-21 09:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 09:09, skitiki wrote:

negativity and attacks..... strong negative (read sour grapes) vibe....
..... bummer ......tainted ......snide comments...

Only one person said "party city overload". Every one else was positive. I think you're being a little too sensitive.

View Profile of Barnacle Bella Send a personal message to Barnacle Bella  Email Barnacle Bella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 09:31 am   Permalink

Next Year Let's have a Room TRASHING contest!
That would be more in the spirit of the Crawl!
Everyone can walk around with crowbars and lighters and scissors and just wander from room to room tearing up the place!
Now THAT would be real fun!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 10:16 am   Permalink

Please enjoy your award - all the rooms were great but there can only be one winner and you are the deserving one this year!

Oasis VIII is already in the works and awards have a way of being shared with all over the years.

Congrats on the great room AND!!! the yummy drinks.

Tiki Bob

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob 2007-08-21 10:17 ]

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 10:46 am   Permalink

great to see all!! well maybe half.. alright a 10th... crap'0! i still missed just about every room and the band wasn't even there this year.... next year... no band no vending?? more fun!! thanks for the hospitality once again!! see you on the dance floor......

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 09:31, little lost tiki wrote:
Next Year Let's have a Room TRASHING contest!
That would be more in the spirit of the Crawl!
Everyone can walk around with crowbars and lighters and scissors and just wander from room to room tearing up the place!
Now THAT would be real fun!

Oh, MAN!!! I wish that didn't sound so fun !!!!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:15 am   Permalink

"Everyone can walk around with crowbars and lighters and scissors and just wander from room to room tearing up the place!"

What, we WEREN'T supposed to do this?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TofuJoe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 10:46, crazy al wrote:
great to see all!! well maybe half.. alright a 10th... crap'0! i still missed just about every room and the band wasn't even there this year.... next year... no band no vending?? more fun!! thanks for the hospitality once again!! see you on the dance floor......

Well, my vote would be for: Ape! new songs, new album.

What? like you don't have any spare time on your hands?

View Profile of TofuJoe Send a personal message to TofuJoe  Goto the website of TofuJoe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 7:57 pm   Permalink

I would have decorated, but I didn't know where I was sleeping night to night.

Thanks to Ran(kick the reverb)for the hospitality 2 nights and Cheeky Girl 1 night. I had a couch cussion in the bed of my truck if needed. but thankfully was not used.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation