FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music WAITIKI - New album is here! Info on 5/23 CD release party, Tampa tour coverage
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
WAITIKI - New album is here! Info on 5/23 CD release party, Tampa tour coverage
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 8:25 pm   Permalink

I've been listening to this CD all week.
Tonight, I had 10 torches lit in my backyard Tiki Lounge, and this CD was so perfect, it's beyond description. It takes you places.
I have different favorite tracks every day!
Great work guys!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 07:37 am   Permalink

My copy came in the mail yesterday...great, great stuff. Haven't stopped listening yet!

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I, Zombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 1:26 pm   Permalink

Okonkuluku!

I just wanted to say THANKS for an excellent CD! I've had a copy for a little over a month, and let me tell you, it is GREAT! It gets a lot of play in the car stereo on my drives to/from work. And I play a track every other week or so on Jet Set Planet. I've had a couple of listeners comment specifically on the Waitiki tunes! When listeners come out of the woodwork to comment on a specific tune, that's more rare than you think. It's exciting!

What I find so impressive about Rendezvous in Okonkuluku is how the music is in the "exotica" genre, but it doesn't sound derivative. It's not a copy of the past, but it references the best in exotica but also charts new directions for the genre. And THAT is a BIG deal in my book.

If anyone out there hasn't grabbed a copy, go to
http://www.waitiki.com and get this CD before your summer tiki torches burn out!

~glen

View Profile of I, Zombie Send a personal message to I, Zombie  Email I, Zombie Goto the website of I, Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-16 1:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Glen!

Thanks for the kind words. Hope we can meet up next time I'm in town.

-Randy

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation