FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving sneak peek!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
sneak peek!
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:23 pm   Permalink

well, i told myself i wasn't going to post anything anymore, but, what the hell. i'm still finishing my swap piece. yes, i'm slow and a dick. oh, well.

here's something i'm happy with so far. it's a maori teething stick (i posted it once before.) it has a fern pattern in the back. i was inspired by the countless, beautiful tree ferns i saw on the big island. they are some of the most beautiful plants in the world. so unassuming and fascinating with their fractals and stamina.

it's puanama. don't know the specific type. maybe someone else does. i don't care. it's a pretty green, like a fern.

oh, and there's some stone manaia in there, too i'm working on. (along with the swap piece.)

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-05-24 18:20 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-15 21:23, pdrake wrote:
well, i told myself i wasn't going to post anything anymore, but, what the hell. i'm still finishing my swap piece. yes, i'm slow and a dick. oh, well.

it's puanama. don't know the specific type. maybe someone else does. i don't care. it's a pretty green, like a fern.

oh, and there's some stone manaia in there, too i'm working on. (along with the swap piece.)

---

Slow; yes. A dick; no.

puanama; er, no. Pounamu! I care; it IS a pretty green. I dont know quite what sort either.

Good to see some new things are happening & good to hear there are some in-progress pieces in-progress.

Push through mate, we love to hear from you & see your work. You have a good style of your own & I for one enjoy seeing what you create. No hard feelings! Now get back to your bench!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-15 9:48 pm   Permalink

thanks, tama.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 9:39 pm   Permalink

well, it's coming along nicely.

jade never looks good when it's "frosted". it still amazes me how nice it is to carve. the siberian and bc stuff is so much harder. oh, well, i still have a lot of it sitting around. it looks like i'll be making some cool stuff from it soon. i had a great idea today and made a great sketch of a new piece.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-17 10:12 pm   Permalink

here's a little better pic.

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-19 9:37 pm   Permalink

welcome back Perry!

amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-20 7:05 pm   Permalink

Yeah, Welcome back Perry, I was hoping you were still hanging in there. You are capable of doing some Awesome stuff, I've Seen it so Keep those toolz Hummin and keep the camera clickin.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 9:26 pm   Permalink

thanks a lot ben. that teething piece is going to be beautiful even if it's not exactly traditional. i have a couple of cool things on the burner, but this is my priority right now. only a few short hours of being done. my swap piece.

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 9:39 pm   Permalink

Pretty sweet. I like how you did that curve/hook detail to form the eye line for both eyes. the way it wraps around and forms the illusion of the deeper eye turned out kinda cool. Nice furry bunny picture too.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 04:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-23 21:26, pdrake wrote:
...but this is my priority right now. only a few short hours of being done. my swap piece...

!!!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 6:21 pm   Permalink

here's something i've got on the bench right now. it's been fun so far.

tiki beat by marcus thorn
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-25 01:38 am   Permalink

pdrake your pieces are getting better and better the easter islander is awesome keep up the good work my friend

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 07:02 am   Permalink

Wow! I like 'em all! Next... something big and wooden!

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-25 07:02, KAHAKA wrote:

Perry, please, don't!
This is an all ages site!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 5:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-25 07:02, KAHAKA wrote:

Perry's already got something big and wooden. Saw it last weekend. It's actually pretty spectacular. (No double entendre intended. Okay, well maybe just a little.) It really is a great tiki though.

He's got so many cool projects sitting around his house it makes my head want to explode.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation