FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Bilge McAfee Site Advisor warning me this site could produce SPAM
McAfee Site Advisor warning me this site could produce SPAM
Bodotikiman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-16 09:28 am   Permalink

Does anyone know why my McAfee Site Advisor is glowing red and showing this message ? :" After entering our e-mail address on this site, we received 3.3 e-mails per week. They were very spammy. " The McAfee Site only could tell me that they recieved certain e-mails, but not how. Please don't tell me my favorite site is selling e-mail addresses !

View Profile of Bodotikiman Send a personal message to Bodotikiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2007-05-16 1:27 pm   Permalink

Tiki Central does not sell email addresses. I assuming that McAfee created an account and turned on all the checkboxes, meaning they made their email address public. Any email that gets put on a public page on the Internet will be found by spambots and added to their spam lists.

Displaying your email address on Tiki Central is optional, you can change it in the
Preferences page.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2007-05-16 13:28 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bodotikiman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-17 09:01 am   Permalink

Dear Tiki Central: I contacted McAfee, and yes you were right ! Because of my inquiry, they will change the settings so that future folk are not concerned. Than You for the reply and a great site.

Matt (bodotikiman)( An actual family name given to me as a child, because I used to stare at the Tiki At Vics at The Plaza Hotel NYC, and not eat my food) True story.

View Profile of Bodotikiman Send a personal message to Bodotikiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation