FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki 2012: End of the World?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
2012: End of the World?
Zeta
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-04 10:27 pm   Permalink

Nostradamus said (in a T.V. show I watched 15 years ago) that:
The end of the world will come after the black pope... Back then there was no presidents.
The end will come when everyone stares at black mirrors all day long... computers and t.v.
'' '' '' '' '' '' Men look like women and women like men.
'' '' '' '' '' '' the anti-christ comes, someone from orient with a turbant
I am sorry but I swear that's what the T.V. show said, but also said that after the end of the world, the survivors will live a thousand years of peace and then earth will get too hot and all life will die.

Also, I read that earth is entering completely into this weird cosmic rays, the photon belt, it started in the sixties, "the age of Aquarius" (that's why there was so much trouble and mind expanding back then) So it's not going to be a material end of the world (there will be some of that too) but a change in the mentality, change of consciousness, the relativity of reality will finally hit mankind and those who think in terms of good or evil, black or white, will not "get it" and will go crazy and die... the rest will adapt and live in a more real reality...
Also, the Mayan calendar ENDS in 2012, and they counted about 15000 years in the past.
Also, read 2010 The year we made contact by Arthur C. Clarke.
I could go on but why waste time writing gloomy prophecies, If they are real, why worry? If they are not, why worry? Salud amigos! One thing is for sure, times are changing.

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-05 09:08 am   Permalink

...And I feel fine...

S K

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-08 10:27 pm   Permalink

You Tube Fart!

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2009-03-05 21:47 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 1:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-04 22:27, Zeta wrote:
Nostradamus said (in a T.V. show I watched 15 years ago) that:
The end of the world will come after the black pope... Back then there was no presidents.
The end will come when everyone stares at black mirrors all day long... computers and t.v.
'' '' '' '' '' '' Men look like women and women like men.
'' '' '' '' '' '' the anti-christ comes, someone from orient with a turbant

Did all of them have to occur, or just one?
BTW, Pres. Obama's term ends in 2012.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 1:40 pm   Permalink

can't wait,
lets get it over with all ready.

now lets see where's my hand basket: check
1 ticket to hell: check
sunscreen: check

ok I'm ready.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-04 22:27, Zeta wrote:
Nostradamus said (in a T.V. show I watched 15 years ago)...

How do you know it was him? Was he really, really, really, really old?

No need for anyone to flip out for nothing.

Mickey Ourlady, as one of my Great-Greats knew him back at Montpellier U., got expelled from school. He didn't see that coming. Hee Hee!

They had a mutual friend who dealt trip weed and hash from Tibet and Nepal. Mickey became an apothecary because of that and made prophecies pretty much as well as anybody who was similarly "enlightened." He was so pissed off about not being able to predict his being kicked out of med school, he began studies with a private tutor in the arts of metaphysical sentiency, Madamoiselle Cleo. After that he just couldn't keep his trap shut, so that's why you see his writings all over the place.

Hey! You don't need to second guess Mickey. Get yourself some Nepalese Temple Balls and you'll see everything just as clearly. BTW, 2012 was the year that Madamoiselle Cleo predicted a severe blight would erradicate the Himalayan trip weed crops. That's all. She always said it wasn't the end of the world, but Mickey was not hearing any of that.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thomas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 12:48 pm   Permalink

Excellent article on this here:
http://www.slate.com/id/2218841/pagenum/all ;
includes this comment, which I like:
"The best cultural explanation I found for this flowering of idiocy said that New Age fads like the Hopi prophecy and 2012 are a kind of cultural colonialism in which white people endow the minorities they have wiped out or repressed with mystical powers made more mysterious by their virtual vanishing."
And much more...

View Profile of Thomas Send a personal message to Thomas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-22 8:35 pm   Permalink

Yah, I have a friend that wanted to "develop a contingency plan" (head for the hills) for Y2K. He wanted to take guns. I don't own a gun,........why?.....cuz I'd kill somebody. So I told him if I'm gonna die,.....it'll be right here in my home.
Reminds me of Iron Maiden song. "RUN TO THE HILLS RUN FOR YOUR LIEEIFE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXSpHpdRwkU Love the drum roll, the energy.
And what's that other song, "Have a good time"? Somebody help me on that one.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-05-22 20:46 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Lounge Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-04 12:57 am   Permalink

First of all, Y2K, remember that? It's a horrible nuclear death we've all endured.

Second, I'm pissed off about this, I had my 5 year old cousin ask me if she was going to die in 2012.

That's rediculous.
A 5 year old shouldn't be worried about if she's gonna die at the age of 9. If I had the chance, I'd personally chew out the "History" Channel people.
Anywho,
I've discussed this with some friends. And honestly, I don't see the world ending.

First of all just because the calendar ends doesn't mean the world ends.
If anyone noticed, the Gregorian calendar ends in December, but does the world end? No, just the year ends.
Second, the Chineese and Hebrew calendar run on different time lines, so, theoretically 2012 has already come several times.
Third, my friend who is a major in Mesoamerican Studies...or something like that did some research on this. The biggest tip off to me that we can't get the full story is because oh yeah! European explorers KILLED all of the Mayans. Maybe there's a reason there's not more Mayan calendars. ALL THE CALENDAR MAKERS ARE DEAD! Also, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, they predicted what has been roughly translated as "A new beginning". Which has been twisted by The "History" Channel as the end of the world.
2012 was a celebration for the Mayans. One giant ass party.

As for Nostradamus, he made vauge predictions. It's like the daily horoscope. Of course it fits if you're vauge enough. It's like posting on here, "You will get a cut carving a tiki." Everyone would just be like, no shit. But because he's Nostradamus, it's a prophecy.

Would you like to know what's gonna happen after December 21st, 2012?

December 22nd, 2012 and a huge police blotter of people doing stupid things because they thought the world would end.

Also, here's this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unfulfilled_religious_prophecies

And another question. Where does The "History" Channel get off on predicting the end of the world and what happens to the world after people? They're supposed to be the HISTORY channel, not the DEPRESS-AND SCARE-THE-SHIT-OUTTA-PEOPLE channel.

View Profile of The Lounge Tiki Send a personal message to The Lounge Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation