FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Official Tonga Hut Art Show and Rocketship Decanter launch thread.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Official Tonga Hut Art Show and Rocketship Decanter launch thread.
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-22 8:22 pm   Permalink

Tonga Hut art show and Rocketship Decanter Launch May 26th @ 7pm.

On 2007-05-04 03:11, atomikitty wrote:
AN OUT OF THIS WORLD ONE NIGHT EVENT!!!

Here are the artists who will have art at the Tonga Hut May26th.
GROG include links to see more of their art. Enjoy. See ya'll on the 26th.

Holden from Tiki Farm
http://www.tikifarm.com
Launching the Rocketship Decanter designed by Flounder and squlpted by Squid.
(Plus he'll have more Tiki Farm goodies as well)

Tom Thordarson http://www.thorstor.com/

Tiki Dav http://members.aol.com/kelea98/dave/

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=22368&forum=7

I'm going to bring some table lamps like these, but with fancier shades.

Also some small resin castings like these plus some pendants that have not yet been cast at this writing.

Susannah Mosher http://www.o-susannah.com

Debuting a new Coconut Monkey painting.

Tiki Ray http://tikiray.com/gallery.html
(That's not him in the picture, but those are his tiki carvings)

Hey , heres a couple of California Redwood carvings that are new plus a 2 1/2' tiki I'll also be bringing .

Clarita's Candles
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=45435110

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21408&forum=7&start=0

Amazing Art, Intoxicating Tunes, Luscious and Exotic Tiki Drinks! So much talent in one room at once! Don't miss it!

Quote:

On 2007-05-22 12:07, atomikitty wrote:
We DO have some AMAZING drink specials for the night!

The Two I am sure of, and VERY excited about are:

We will be PREMIERING an amazing new drink special created specifically for the TONGA HUT by our very own TC OHANA-PiPhiRho!

THE TONGA LEI draws it's inspiration from the 3 main exports of TONGA-Coconut, Vanilla and Bananas. Blend those with some spicy notes of gold rum, falernum and orange bitters, and you've got a winner! Be the FIRST to get Lei'd at the Tonga hut on Saturday the 26th!

THE LECHEE NUT MARTINI features Premium Lechee nut liquor chilled and strained with pink grapefruit juice! (served with a lechee nut thank you very much!)
This is light and delicious with a perfect tart/sweet balance.

Other drinks I am considering:

The Cosmonut (A tiki-sputnik-like spin off of a white Russian with Macadamia nut liquor, Iced coffee, liquor 43 and cream)

The Planet of the Apes (Beachbum's recipe with Dark rum, creme de banana and citrus juices)

The Pink Squirrel (Creme to noyaux, Creme de Cacao, Creme)

TIKI-RAY:
I've had an amazing tiki year with sales , shows , and calender work that will soon be in stores like Wal-Mart.I decided to give back and auction this piece off for the tiki fans . I will be bringing this piece to the show and starting the bidding at less than 1/2 price ($150.00). Anyone who wants to bid on it can add their price and name to the auction list . At 11:00 pm , whoever has the highest bid takes it home . It is 3-1/2 foot tall , 19"wide and 17" deep. Its kind of oval shaped .It has 2 coats of "Man o War" spar var on it . It is hand carved and burnt plus tattooed with wood burning tools . I hope you enjoy it , Tiki-Ray

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2007-05-22 21:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2007-05-22 23:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2007-05-29 21:15 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 8:45 pm   Permalink

Oooohhhhhh!

Sooooooooo

clean

and

Crisp Too!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 8:45 pm   Permalink

nice stuff!
sorry I can't be there, the drive's too far ya know!
y'all have a great time, maybe I can time my summer trip to include Tonga Hut...

K.

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 10:35 pm   Permalink

I'm drinking a Tonga Lei right now.

Except I f&*&ed it up. Put the wrong rum in. Still not too bad, though. I'm kinda f*&)ed up, too. No doubt Suzy will do much better.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-22 11:18 pm   Permalink

I will be there after all!! see ya there!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 11:44 am   Permalink

Good idea to start a new thread, Squirell and mokey free just art and friends!
I wanted to thank Grog and Atomikitty for inviting me and Tiki-ray for Vending for me. I'm from Argentina, so I won't be there in person just in spirit with my art...
I'm very honored and happy to be a part of this event, Thanks again!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 1:41 pm   Permalink

Finally, a safe place to post. Me and the Mrs will definitely be there. No work, all play! Looking forward to some awesome art and drinks. See ya!

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-23 1:43 pm   Permalink

And Clarita, we're very honored to have your beautiful candles at our show all the way from Argentina.

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2007-05-23 19:01 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 7:18 pm   Permalink

I recently posted that Im auctioning off my tiki at the Tonga Hut . I also posted it on myspace trying to promote the show . Now Im getting hits from people asking if they can bid now on it or try to buy out from underneath the show . I had to tell them that I carved it for the the Tonga show and they will have to bid like everyone else . So I guess a few more people are coming Susanah, dont run out of rum .Is there a possibility that they can have some Redbull or something for us tiki people who dont drink alcohol? If not,no problem . Ill stick with Cokes .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 7:23 pm   Permalink

Hey Suzy I,ll be ready for my Drink and ya know which one it is . CYA there

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 7:56 pm   Permalink

A smattering of what I'll be bringing. I've got pendants too, but have not photographed them.

See you Kats, Kittens, and Squirrels on Saturday!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 11:26 pm   Permalink

Great Ray! The More the merrier!

Yes, I will make sure there is Redbull or Monster for you, and I will probably be bringing in some Reed's Ginger Beer as well.

Thanks for sticking to your guns and not selling that awesome tiki to sneaky myspace pre-bidders . . . if they want to support the tiki scene, they gotta come out to the bars and art shows like the rest of us!

TikiDav, can't wait to meet you-your sculptures are amazing!

THOR, I know you are a talented and busy artist, and we are so happy to have you in our show! We may not be in Hawaii, but we will do our best on Saturday to make it feel like a bit of a vacation for you!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 4:51 pm   Permalink

BUMP! Hee hee!

See ya all Saturday!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 4:56 pm   Permalink

Hula Bump!

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 7:20 pm   Permalink

Here are some examples of the pendants I'm bringing.

Bump!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation