FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Official Tonga Hut Art Show and Rocketship Decanter launch thread.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Official Tonga Hut Art Show and Rocketship Decanter launch thread.
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 10:01 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff Dave! It'll be a pleasure to meet you and see it in person.

Hey Ray, Is there a tiki somewhere in that hula bump pic?

Bumpity, bumpity bump!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-25 5:22 pm   Permalink

I have just received another batch of Claritas Amazing Candles today from Argentina . At my last show people requested more and brighter colors and damn if that girl didnt produce them . They are bright and beautiful just like her !!!!They are being sold for $10-$15-$20-and $30 and worth it . All are original and hand made by her . All sales go to her also. Im just the proxy boy.
Dont forget that Im also auctioning off that 3 1/2 foot tiki starting at less than 1/2 price so be ready to bid on it .I have never done this but I want someone to give this tiki a home at 11pm .You can name it yourself just like finding a bastard child on your doorstep. See ya there folks , Ray

Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 08:34 am   Permalink

Thanks a lot Tiki-Ray you are a great friend!! and a very talented one too! Very nice new carvings!!! Can't wait to find out who's going to be the happy owner of that Tiki.

Hi Tiki-Dav you've being working a lot, great great great new stuff!! (and HER? do you still have her waiting?)

I like the new coconut monkey a lot too! As Atomikitty said a lot of talent in the same room! I hope I could be there too, having a great drink, meeting cool people and enjoying some incredible art!

Have a great evening! (Take some pictures if you can for the far away fans...)
Best wishes to you all!!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2007-05-26 09:40 ]

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 10:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

Hi Tiki-Dav you've being working a lot, great great great new stuff!! (and HER? do you still have her waiting?)

Hola Clarita! Oh yes, HER. That's another story............

I'm sorry you will not be there tonight. Hey, If you get on a plane right now, you can probably make it to LA in time for the show!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-26 11:02 am   Permalink

We've got GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS for tonights event at the Tonga Hut:

The BAD NEWS---Holden from Tiki Farm won't be able to make it out tonight.
The GOOD NEWS---He shipped the Rocketship Decanters to GROG to sell at the Tonga Hut.

The BAD NEWS----He had to reject the first batch that came from the factory because they were overglazed.
The GOOD NEWS---He did get a good batch of 29 that GROG will be selling at the art show.

The BAD NEWS----There's ONLY 29 of those decanters, so what small inventory GROG have may sell out quickly.
The GOOD NEWS---The quicker they sell out, the more time GROG have for just drinking and visiting and NOT having to sell decanters.

The BAD NEWS---If you get there too late, they may be sold out.
The GOOD NEWS--- If you get there too late to get a decanter,we've got other awesome art to buy, and some awesome drinks, some kickin' music by the DJ, and some good friends to drink with in a nice neighborhood Tiki bar.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 11:13 am   Permalink

FREE STUFF ALERT !!!

I'll be there handing out 3 song CD Samplers, with a nifty Tikiyaki Orchestra Cocktail Coaster inlcuded.

See y'all tonite.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2007-05-26 12:10 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 11:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-26 11:02, GROG wrote:
We've got GOOD NEWS and BAD NEWS for tonights event at the Tonga Hut:

The BAD NEWS---Holden from Tiki Farm won't be able to make it out tonight.
The GOOD NEWS---He shipped the Rocketship Decanters to GROG to sell at the Tonga Hut.

The BAD NEWS----He had to reject the first batch that came from the factory because they were overglazed.
The GOOD NEWS---He did get a good batch of 29 that GROG will be selling at the art show.

The BAD NEWS----There's ONLY 29 of those decanters, so what small inventory GROG have may sell out quickly.
The GOOD NEWS---The quicker they sell out, the more time GROG have for just drinking and visiting and NOT having to sell decanters.

The BAD NEWS---If you get there too late, they may be sold out.
The GOOD NEWS--- If you get there too late to get a decanter,we've got other awesome art to buy, and some awesome drinks, some kickin' music by the DJ, and some good friends to drink with in a nice neighborhood Tiki bar.

I thought you said No BS ?!? On this thread!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 1:36 pm   Permalink

See ya tonight people!
I am really looking forward to a great time!

I am currently printing up the drink menus. Here is the final line-up for your drinking pleasure:
*The TONGA LEI*
*Lechee Nut Martini!*
*Planet of the Apes!*
*The Ginger Flame!*

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Sorry to all you weirdos that were voting for the 'Pink Squirrel'-I tried it and it was gross.

IN OTHER TONGA HUT ART SHOW NEWS. . . .

In true Atomikitty style, I procrastinated until the last minute, and then stayed up all night and went gangbusters to crank out a new painting for your viewing pleasure!!!
And guess what??!! It's NOT a Coconut Monkey!
Be the FIRST to see the new piece TONIGHT!

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-26 4:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-26 11:13, tikiyaki wrote:
FREE STUFF ALERT !!!

I'll be there handing out 3 song CD Samplers, with a nifty Tikiyaki Orchestra Cocktail Coaster inlcuded.

See y'all tonite.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2007-05-26 12:10 ]

WooHoo and I will be there early!!! Tikiyaki's music sounds tiki-riffic!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 5:40 pm   Permalink

"Almost got this thing open... Isis, did you bring the long straw...?"

Cheers to the terrific artists on display at the Tonga tonight! The Demented Menehunes are piling into their Cosmic Canoe, and looking forward to greeting the talented artists on display this evening!

Fabloha nui!
SOK

www.yoyoisland.com

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 6:22 pm   Permalink

We're leaving right now...Zaya and I just need to pick someone else up on the way.
See you all soon.
You guys better make this trip worth it or Zaya's going to kick Grog's ass for promoting a shitty event.
I'm glad I only have to deal with 29 mug guys tonight now. Sorry about those mugs, people.

Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 10:22 am   Permalink

First of all, I cannot believe that after being out so late last night that I am up and on the computer already.

Big thanks to GROG, Atomickitty, and everyone else who put the show together. I had a great time meeting everyone and hanging out. See you all again soon I hope.

Now I sleep.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-27 10:32 am   Permalink

Very fun night! TikiYaki-Thanks for the CD sampler! The music is fantastic! I can't wait for the full length CD to come out. Keep us posted! Thor had some great prints available. Tiki Ray auctioned a BIG beautiful tiki....How much did someone steal it for?

Aquarama, Yvette and HipHipHula

Bora Boris, SoccerTiki, Little Lost Tiki and Dave's Not Home (licking something tasty?)

L.L.T. and WooHooWahine (and D.N.H. in the background)

BayParkBuzzy and Zaya (what's that around his neck?)

Major Tiki Bling!

Tiki Ray and S.T. (who's grabbin' who?)

CheekyGirl and her new T.C. recruit

TigerLilly and friends

This is what happens when you put Grog in charge of a booth! LOL!

Suzy's beautiful monkeyworks on display!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 11:55 am   Permalink

Great night indeed....Thanx to Soccer Tiki for introducing to all the TC luminaries, and to WooHooWahine for giving away my CD samplers for me ! Great meeting all the talented artists and cool peeps too.

The guy who got the Tiki Ray tiki got away with a steal for sure.

THOR was kind enough to give me the "Marasino Bandito" print just cos' I gave him a CD...I'd say I got the good end of that bargain
Mahalo, brah!

Kirby, we gotta do Yaki's for lunch one of these days... 2 great locations..either by ME or by YOU. I'll have the "Aloha Bowl", please.

Grog, I almost didn't recognize you without you being superimposed into a squirrel photo ...great meeting you too.

Look forward to the next one.

Anyone up for one these kind of shows at the soon to be open Sam's Seafood ?

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-27 12:18 pm   Permalink

Thank you everybody for coming out and supporting the Tonga Hut and the artists. It was good seeing everybody (except Kinny). Kirby, you're always welcome to come as long as you bring Polly.
It was nice meeting new people like Tikiyaki, Sonny from Nutty, and Aquarama.

Thank you to the people who made LONG trips out here for the show like Buzzy and Zaya up from San Diego, and Pdrake an Tiki-Kate out from Las Vegas and Yucaipa.

Thanks to all the artists for participating and the Tonga Hut for having us there and serving up tasty drinks, and thanks for getting the DJ who was playing such fun music.

Thanks Suzy for the fliers, helping organize and advertise the event, and for serving up some yummy drink specials. Sorry GROG not sale more of your prints. For some reason people would rather buy coconut monkey art from a pretty blonde with a pleasant smile rather than a crotchety old bald caveman.

And thanks Bamboo Ben for not coming to the Tonga Hut and doing something to embarrass GROG.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation