FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Official Tonga Hut Art Show and Rocketship Decanter launch thread.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Official Tonga Hut Art Show and Rocketship Decanter launch thread.
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 12:27 pm   Permalink

No BS!
It was a pretty fun Event!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 2:05 pm   Permalink

I had a great time last night . Tikiyaki is right , That couple did get a steal on that tiki. I would have had more bids but I dont have M/C or visa hookups . I dont feel bad at all though . It went to great couple of newlyweds who were looking for art for their new place . Theyre probably conceiving their first offspring on it right now ...lol.Thanks to Suzy who makes a great club soda with 2 limes , Grog and Tiki Dav for their support . I was fortunate to be set up next to Thor all night and talking shop with him . What an amazing artist!!!Im blown away by the colors and the glows coming from torches and lights in his paintings.Thanks Thor , it was a true pleasure .Thanks to all who came out to support and share in this event . Well , I gotta get back to carving , Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 2:36 pm   Permalink

great music, great drinks, great art, great people, great time

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-27 2:53 pm   Permalink

I had a great time as well. Grog you need to change jobs, you were rocking as a commission based salesman. TikiDav I love my pendant, you are the best. Kirby we need to stop meeting like this. Ron Tiki it was nice meeting you. LLT you are out of control funny. Everyone else, it sure was fun. Suzy the drinks were awesome. PhiPhiRho, I loved your creation, it tasted real good. In fact it was so good that I am going back there with Q-tiki this evening and I will try your drink again.
Just can't get enough I Just can't get enough..

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2007-05-27 16:04 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-27 7:38 pm   Permalink

I had a fantastic time partying at the Tonga Hut last night! Know what was almost better than hanging with, Mr. & Mrs. Squid, Grog, LLT, Tiki Kate, Pdrake, Woohoo & Scoccer Tiki, Aquaorama, Tigerlily, Dave & Kim, Jimmy, Trader Tom & Ilene So many fun people?? What could be almost as fun?? What I say!!...

I HAVE A OHANA HUT!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 07:20 am   Permalink

This is funny, we went there last night and the bartender told us the only thing she could make us was a mai tai. They ran out of all the liquor on Saturday night. It's a good thing I guess, we had fun otherwise.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-05-28 10:46 am   Permalink

You all drank ALL the liquor saturday?! Bunch of damned alcoholics ( GROG drank GROG's share, too). One of these days Tiki Central will have to be changed to Alcoholics Anonymous. Until that day----Suzy, pour GROG another Planet of the Apes!!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 11:17 am   Permalink

It was a Realy Funn Event Great C, in everyone .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ravenne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 12:21 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone! Name's Ravenne, I joined the boards a long time ago because SuburbanPagan mentioned it. I was living in the East Coast, but moved a few months ago to LA. Saturday night was the first time I ever experienced a kick ass tiki art show! I loved it! I definitely can't wait for the next event!

Had a total blast!

Thanks everyone!

~Ravs

View Profile of ravenne Send a personal message to ravenne      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 4:42 pm   Permalink

This really was a great event.

In addition to all the fantastic artwork, I especially enjoyed getting to meet aquaorama and getting to spend some quality chat time with Hiphipahula.

I think most of the pictures that I took were on other people's cameras. But here are a few from mine.

Pdrake and THOR

Daves Not Home, GROG, Little Lost Tiki and Pdrake

Tiki-Kate and GROG

Perry and Kate

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this such a wonderful evening.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 2:33 pm   Permalink

Come on! Were there seriously only 2 cameras there? Where are the pics people?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 5:53 pm   Permalink

I thought the place was going to be a Ghost Town since it was Memorial Day weekend. The place was packed! As always, great drinks, art and people!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 6:28 pm   Permalink

I was bummed that Coco Loco and I couldn't make it. We were the last ones to finish our lamp over at Monkeyman's place, and we were hanging out talkin' story with Derek while waiting for the lamp to dry. It was taking forever, and we eventually had to take a hair dryer to it. After it was dry enough, Derek packaged it up for us, we headed back to Al's place, and cleaned up and got all dressed up for the Tonga Hut show.

And lo and behold, our car battery had died! No soup for us! Double bummer because there was another special event that we had been invited to, and had to end up missing both. All of the auto parts stores were already closed, and we had to call AAA to jump start the car. The battery in our car has been acting up lately, and I was afraid to drive up to Hollywood without jumper cables. The AAA agent said that they could sell us a new battery, but when the tow truck driver showed up, he was stinkin' drunk! He wasn't an officially sanctioned AAA driver, and didn't have any batteries, and when he radio'ed in our request, they said that they weren't taking any credit cards or checks over the weekend. And I wasn't about to give drunk tow truck guy cash, and then wait all night to get stiffed!

So we decided to call it a night, and instead of going to the Tonga Hut, we stayed in at Al's, which is also a great place, and I read a cool book about Fiji.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 9:08 pm   Permalink

Yea it was a realy kool event place was packed which was great , on a Holiday too BOOT - nice drinks freinds . Whata Kool Night .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-29 9:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-29 14:33, JenTiki wrote:
Come on! Were there seriously only 2 cameras there? Where are the pics people?

Really! where are the pics? I know we had a pic of us toasting that Ohana Hut, even if we looked like shit.. I wanna see it.

Giggles at Mai Tai & Coco & car problems Bummer, See you soon I hope!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation