FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki How many Types Of Tiki are there?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
How many Types Of Tiki are there?
faemage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-23 3:43 pm   Permalink

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how many different types of Tiki there are.

My interest stems from the fact I have a spirit guide who is a Tiki.(Yes, I know it was a shock to me as I am in the UK but hey I think Tiki's are pretty cool anyhow)

I would like to be able to learn how to draw Tiki's so any tips or pointers on that would be welcomed.

Thanks

Fae

uk

View Profile of faemage Send a personal message to faemage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 5:17 pm   Permalink

5 types

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 5:18 pm   Permalink

Good and shitty.

Hope this helps.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 6:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-23 17:18, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
Good and shitty.

Hope this helps.
Buzzy

To varying degrees...thousands...but Buzzy is correct; very good or extremely shitty. And as you will find out on this site, it depends on how you define good or shitty.

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and I don't have any shitty tikis)!

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 6:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-23 15:43, faemage wrote:

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me how many different types of Tiki there are.

My interest stems from the fact I have a spirit guide who is a Tiki.(Yes, I know it was a shock to me as I am in the UK but hey I think Tiki's are pretty cool anyhow)

I would like to be able to learn how to draw Tiki's so any tips or pointers on that would be welcomed.

Thanks

Fae

uk

Aloha, Fae.

Huge question, although as discussed above, it is very subjective.

You may wish to begin with some of the classic Hawaiian styles from the Place of Refuge on the Big Island:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23753&forum=7&hilite=place%20of%20refuge

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-05-23 6:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-23 15:43, faemage wrote:

My interest stems from the fact I have a spirit guide who is a Tiki...

How did you come to learn of this spirit guide? Have you seen this spirit guide?
Please tell us more.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 6:34 pm   Permalink

Do they have peyote in the UK?

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 6:35 pm   Permalink

Bruce.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-23 7:55 pm   Permalink

Got one more to add to the pile.

Pirate Tiki.

The NEXT thing.......(befor Target get's ahold of it!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 12:54 am   Permalink

Some say there is but one:

I was never much of a follower, though. I mean, really, sure some of his work is pretty cool. Take the early Jane's Addiction material, and that whole fish and loaves thing. Still, by the time he joined the Chili Peppers, forget about it. Lost me, he lost me.

Then, I met this fellow, he showed me an enlightened path. He shepherds me through the valley and lounges of darkness. I saw...I saw that light, and it was righteous:

WWJD? Dig it. Dig it, indeed.
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 01:21 am   Permalink

The Jab is Dave Navarro Jesus?

Hmmmm, makes sense now that I look back on it. Come to think of it, I've never seen them both in the same room at the same time! Is it a matter of him taking off those Clark Kent glasses? Now I see the true meaning into the phrase What Would Jab Do?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
faemage
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-05-24 06:27 am   Permalink

Good and Shitty eh? lol that's fair enough as there can be good and bad in everything.

5 types I did find through a search Lono, Kon-Tiki under Tiki Gods

Peyote I am not sure If it is in the UK or not I would have to look into it.

I had, had training before that vision quest by a Native American elder whom my
then boyfriend got me in contact with. he scared the life out of me as he was good at what he did and being brought up a Christian I ignored his words. Till one day he got me into meditation and opened me up to it all. I was furious at him as it was a difficult thing to put on my shoulders, but grew to be friends with him.

Tiki I started talking to about 2 years ago after I was at a retreat learning about arch angel healing,past life regression.
I decided I wanted to qualify but realise I already knew it. still it was fun.
someone mentioned spirit children from that point on he started talking and never shut up and gave me the word Tiki I thought what is a Tiki I still don't know. even my mum has noticed him...she says he's talking again isn't he..as he likes computer games...can't imagine life without him as I am so use to him now. He often talks too much and states he is from the happiness ray. He is never unhappy unless someone upsets me and then boy he sees them as the enemy.

[ This Message was edited by: faemage 2007-05-24 06:30 ]

has anyone seen the Elviki tiki?

http://www.dskdesigns.com/showproduct.php?productID=15
lol cool

[ This Message was edited by: faemage 2007-05-24 11:27 ]

View Profile of faemage Send a personal message to faemage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 07:11 am   Permalink

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 08:06 am   Permalink

Maui - The time shifter

A demigod is the brother of Madam Pele. Maui is said to have lassoed the sun in order to slow it down and make the days longer on the island of Maui

his ropes around the sun are said to represent "rays".

http://www.spiritsouthseas.com/backup/gods.htm

oh, and waiter, i'll have what she's drinking.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-05-24 08:07 ]

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-24 11:12 am   Permalink

Seriously though....

This got me thinking about classifying Tikis like we do with animals and plants:

Kingdom: art
Phylum: tribal / ethnic
Class: pacific islands
Order: hawaiian / rarotongan / rapa nui / marquesian / maori / etc
Family: wood carvings / stone carvings / weapons / fetishes / etc
Genus: (family of wood carvings) tikis...
Species: specific tikis...

Example:
Art / tibal / pacific islands / hawaiian / wood carvings / tikis / Ku

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation