FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Mug for trade!
Mug for trade!
TikiJones
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-21 07:56 am   Permalink

This mug http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2154422032&category=29460
is on Ebay right now and is sky rocketing, I have two of these way
cool mugs and would like to trade someone for a mug I don't have yet.
Anything from the Stockton Islander or Mr. Bali Hai or what ever you think
is in the same league as this mug. My email is paul-moore@worldnet.att.net
Thanks.

View Profile of TikiJones Send a personal message to TikiJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-21 08:28 am   Permalink

TikiJones,
I hate to burst your bubble but, in my opinion, the only reason why that mug is skyrocketing is because tigertlily is bidding on it. This person consistently overpays on all his/her auctions simply to obtain the item. Truthfully, that mug is not too uncommon and usually closes on eBay at about for under $20.00.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-21 10:23 am   Permalink

At least you can be happy you're getting alot from tigertlily They are the one that just paid $78 for the $18 Shecky mug.

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-21 11:01 am   Permalink

I had two of the actual mugs from the BOT, from the Aku Lounge in Nebraska. I only got $68 for the second one. An unmarked version going for $50? Makes sense, NOT!

Takes two to get it to $50. Ebay sure can distort things.

Maybe I will start finding things at local San Francisco thrift shops...bah ha ha.

Ebay has become too deep-pocket for moi.
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiManiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-22 2:25 pm   Permalink

TikiJones...That mug is a repro. In fact, they are still being made (mostly for fraternities)...I have one in white that I got for like 5 bucks and a black matte one just like the one up for auction for like 15 bucks...which, I discovered wasn't such a great deal...someone once got 3 or 4 of them for $15..

It is unbelievable that this repro is at 68 bucks when the original went for that...bidders just don't know their tikis these days...

Check out this older post discussing the Aku Tiki Lounge rip-off mug...
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=1381&forum=5

View Profile of TikiManiac Send a personal message to TikiManiac      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation