FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kapulapu- Palembei -Skoai - Thread Retired
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Kapulapu- Palembei -Skoai - Thread Retired
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-14 12:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks a lot Sam and Hiphip! Babalu, thanks also for the guidance. The glazed one was actually bisque fired and then glazed and fired again, so it's safe for use. I am leaving the slip in the mold for 40 minutes. It comes out with some nice heft and yet not too heavy. It's a trip how this whole slipcasting thing works. I need to bring it all into my classroom and show my 3rd graders how to make a tiki mug(aka the teacher will get to make another mug during the day).

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 2:03 pm   Permalink

These are looking really nice TK. Can we see pics of the other glazes you did?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 2:49 pm   Permalink

Sweeter and sweeter.

and yeah, give those slacker 3rd graders a useful skill. Get 'em young and train 'em hard.

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-15 5:02 pm   Permalink

KAPULAPU is lookin' PRIMO!

Whatever colors you do decide on, this is going to be one sharp mug!

sandz

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-15 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Sam-Thanks for the comment. Funny, we just hung one of your superkool Orbit Room signs in our bathroom and are considering using it as a color palette for a new paint job.

Thanks a bunch, Tiki Kaimuki.... You could match them to the picture or just get a SignPainters 1-Shot enamel color chart which is the paint I use!

Just kidding!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-18 3:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks Paipo, Haole'akamai, and blacksandz.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-01-24 12:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2009-05-06 08:33 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-20 2:59 pm   Permalink

More glaze experiments. This is turning out to be the most challenging part.
The guy in the middle is going to be a special version.

SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 3:59 pm   Permalink

I like the black one. Are you mixing your own colors or not getting what you expect from off-the-shelf glazes?

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ This Message was edited by: SilverLine 2008-02-20 16:00 ]

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-20 4:07 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Silverline. I'm just using off the shelf glazes right now. Even application is the biggest challenge. The black one was supposed to come out flat, but it fluxed and got all glossy.

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-04 10:16 pm   Permalink

lol... i never can make a decision... so 1 of each please...lol... I like black but black tends to gob up? white, unless it is antiqued doesn't seem tiki enough, so antique the white & it will look f-in perfect just 1 gals opinion

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 05:49 am   Permalink

theres some cool looking mugs here - nice work!!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 06:54 am   Permalink

Hey TK, Will you be bringing them to your Another Year Throw-down at FI this weekend?

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-05 6:15 pm   Permalink

Yeah Hip, I think an antiqued type white might be interesting for a future edition...

Harro, thanks for the compliment.

Haole'akamai, yes I will be most likely drinking out of one of my mugs at FI on Saturday. Stop by and we'll tip a mug to our newly toasty weather.

www.tikikaimuki.com

Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 6:24 pm   Permalink

Wish I could, but I will be otherwise occupado, dancing my proverbial @$$ off.....

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 11:21 pm   Permalink

I think I like the black 'n' brown the most too - if you can get the black matt or satin finish (I'm thinkin OMC moai) you're on to a winner!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation