FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Kapulapu- Palembei -Skoai - Thread Retired
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Kapulapu- Palembei -Skoai - Thread Retired
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-07 10:38 am   Permalink

Paipo, I would love to recreate the OMC Moai glazed look. We will see.
On another note, I am going to end the small list of folks who have reserved a mug. I don't want any future organizational challenges- I am challenged. So, if you have already specifically asked to be on the list, you're still on.
If everyone else could keep a look out in the market section for future release that would be great! Mahalo.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-08 12:09 am   Permalink

All I have to say is FINALLY!!!

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-09 1:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-08 00:09, Atomicchick wrote:

All good tangs take time AC... Shhhwwwiiiing =POP!= and the crowd CHEERS!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-10 3:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-08 00:09, Atomicchick wrote:

Production of this mug has been plagued with technical difficulties, one mold moderation, and incapacitating hangovers.
I promise the next mug will roll out in a more timely fashion with more molds and some hard earned wisdom to kick it into gear. Thanks to anyone patiently waiting...

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-12 7:52 pm   Permalink

Still working on getting some more Kapulapu done, but here is a sneak peek at my newest mug, PALEMBEI - fresh out of the mold.

Obviously influenced by the art found along the Sepik River.

As usual, it will probably be awhile before these get into the marketplace.

www.tikikaimuki.com

OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-12 11:27 pm   Permalink

You got one out, terrific, looking forward to see your glaze choices. How tall is this mug? It looks pretty large. Hope to see a few handpainted editions.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
blacksandz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 4:05 pm   Permalink

Lookin' good, Tiki Kaimuki! Nice to see you undertake the distinctive OA style!

I have to echo Cass on a hand-painted version, perhaps with a subtle underglaze!

Great work, Falin!

sandz

View Profile of blacksandz Send a personal message to blacksandz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 4:38 pm   Permalink

Sweet looking mug TK. He's obviously PNG in spirit, but has that quirky Poly-pop/cartoony vibe to him. You (and OO/Cass too for that matter) are great at interpreting your source material without aping the original artefacts. Putting it next to the first mug , and even though they're quite different, I can see a distinctive Tiki Kaimuki style developing.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-13 9:56 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, OceaOtica and blacksandz, some detailed underglaze fun is definitely going to be part of the run. Of course, I will be bothering Cass for more tips.
Paipo, I'm glad you see a style forming. It's not conscious, I'm just working within my limitations and trying to make mugs that would make me excited as a collector. I think my next design will fit nicely with these two. Don't tell anyone, but it will be my own version of the skull- we all gotta have one!

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-10 4:20 pm   Permalink

Here's a new little shot glass guy I busted out because I had extra plaster when I was making my Palembei mold. No name yet...

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-10-07 7:20 pm   Permalink

I got the first batch of glazed Palembei mugs out of the kiln. Check out the fun flavors. You should see these in the marketplace tomorrow.

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-22 11:15 am   Permalink

New photos...

handmade skull

PNG flat glaze

Mahalo for looking!

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-11-22 11:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI KAIMUKI 2008-11-22 11:17 ]

OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-22 1:04 pm   Permalink

Great work TK. The matte looks good, and it seems you got a handle on the dot work.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 09:55 am   Permalink

Still digging that blue Palembei I coveted at the crawl........the blue/brown is very cool, too!!!

Lovin' the skull, too - very nice & original skull design

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 10:05 am   Permalink

The matte black, great. The hand made skull, great design nice glaze

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation