Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Client said;
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Client said;
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 11:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-31 09:09, GatorRob wrote:
That's a great save and a happy ending. I dunno though... if I came upon that fabulous tiki, I'm not so sure I wouldn't have given them the "hey, that old rotten tiki over there - you don't want that thing, lemme haul it off for you." But you took the high road. If this situation comes up again, we're going to be asking ourselves "What would Bananabob do?"

Does this look like a guy who would swindle someone out of a Tiki?

Ha! You guys are assuming that I didn't try to pry it out of their fingers! Once I knew it was not going to happen, I figured I better convert them and at least get to work on it. Does anyone think that this is THE tiki in the picture? Did anyone get more pictures of the Tonga Lei to confirm that? Where is Sabu when we need him?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 11:41 pm   Permalink

According to the menu of the Tonga Lai, they had an Aloha Room banquet room. And the front looks like same.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-01 07:54 am   Permalink

Awesome Awesome job!!
Post some pics of the finished tiki bar too. I can see it in the background in one of the photos.

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-01 11:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-01 07:54, Lukeulele wrote:
Post some pics of the finished tiki bar too. I can see it in the background in one of the photos.

Man! I thought you'd never ask!
I got a book about 2 years ago called Concrete counter tops by Cheng. I have been dieing to make one and I have not until now had a client that wanted to try one. (Most of my kitchens end up with granite) So when I flipped when this client said yes to my plan. My oldest daughter is a graphic designer for a huge architect firm in Los Angeles and a juried project that she was involved in was a bank in Asia. The teller’s windows and work stations had a "bent back surfboard" design and that inspired me to create this. I started with a welded metal frame, 2 x 2 steel square tube. I applied corrugated steel to the front of it. I wanted to combine an inverted lounge booth with 2 surfboards on top.

And the final

When I first walked onto the property, the tiki was leaning up where the surfboard is now.

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-02 12:30 am   Permalink

That is looking so awesome. You have very nice clean lines and such great use of materials. Really neat that you got your clients tikified.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation