Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Jonny And The Shamen
Jonny And The Shamen
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 07:32 am   Permalink

I did a search on TC looking for a reference to Jonny And The Shamen out of Mobile, AL but can't find any thing. Has any body heard of them? I found their CD on iTunes and will probably get it, but I was hoping somebody new a little more about them.

Mahalo

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-05 08:04 am   Permalink

I don't think they've been active since the late 90's early 00's, but I could be wrong?
I have their "Adventures in Espionage" CD, good stuff!

Very similar to early Man or Astroman? In fact I had always thought they shared a member or two, until someone recently set me straight on that.

-skeeter
http://www.myspace.com/atomicmosquitos

[ This Message was edited by: skeeter 2007-06-05 08:05 ]

View Profile of skeeter Send a personal message to skeeter  Goto the website of skeeter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 08:14 am   Permalink

That was about all I could fid as well, I know that Jonny and one of the guys from Man vs Astroman formed a Label together, but I haven't found out much more than that. My wife and I are tryng to find more people in this area who are tiki freaks like us. So naturally stumbling across a surf band from here was exciting.

Mahalo

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skeeter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-05 08:31 am   Permalink

The only surf bands I know of down in that general area are
Daikaju from Huntsville
http://www.myspace.com/daikaiju

Or in Atlanta there's the Surge and the legendary Penetrators.

View Profile of skeeter Send a personal message to skeeter  Goto the website of skeeter     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 09:12 am   Permalink

Thanks I'll have to check them out. My wife and I want to have a summer luau and were hoping to have a live surf exotica band play. But I can't find any in the area. Oh well the search continues

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation