FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Home Tiki Bars ╗ ╗ The Saga of Tiki Lee's Home Tiki Room - Chapter Eleventeen - pg. 8
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
The Saga of Tiki Lee's Home Tiki Room - Chapter Eleventeen - pg. 8
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 7:06 pm   Permalink

Well Friends...

It's taken me 2 1/2 years of living at the "Sanford Arms", but I'm FINALLY starting to build my Tiki Room! Other projects in our "fixer-upper" that we bought back in 2005 have taken precedence, and now that they're (almost) done, it's time for MY room!

I'm doing all the work myself, with the help of a friend that does house rennovations for a living. He's got the cool equipment and the know-how, & I gots da stuff!

I'll take you thru the process in stages. The photos will always be in the same order, so you can get a feeling for the progress as it happens bit by bit.

So, first off, here's a few shots of the room full of what I like to call "raw stock:"

My wife and I spent a night moving as much "raw stock" out of the room as possible to make room to work. Now the rest of the house looks like a hurricane hit it. Every room has something in the way! Even with tons of stuff moved out, there's still a huge "island" of stuff in the middle that had to be covered 'cuz there's nowhere else for it to go.

I think my wife's artwork is GREAT, by the way!

Then came what many consider to be a "Home Sale Killer"; painting the ceiling purple!

The wifie's artwork still intact!

Boy, my wife's gonna KILL ME when she gets home!

Actually, she wants the ceiling dark as much as I do. It'll give the room a very close and comfy feel, and will also make the fiber optic stars and directional lighting show up much better.

Well, that's it for today. Tomorrow the walls get done. Wish me luck!

Alooooooo - HA!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2007-06-08 23:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2007-06-18 01:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2007-06-18 23:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2007-07-10 01:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2007-08-06 22:18 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-05-16 01:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-05-26 23:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-11-19 02:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2008-11-19 02:38 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2010-05-02 21:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2010-12-19 23:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2010-12-20 00:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2010-12-20 22:13 ]

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 7:10 pm   Permalink

You're off to a great start, Lee.

What color are the walls going to be?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 7:18 pm   Permalink

What are ya, some kind of freak? Paintin' yer ceiling purple!?!

I love it.
Freak on.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 7:30 pm   Permalink

FIBER OPTIC STARS?!
Will they cycle through different colors???

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 8:08 pm   Permalink

Wow! I dig the purple man. How about some gold spec on the purple? Hmm?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-05 9:06 pm   Permalink

I like the purple too....that is going to be neat.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 9:11 pm   Permalink

Good Luck Lee! Enjoy the journey, now the fun part starts.

Looks like you have a nice space and tons of great 'raw materials' to work with. Keep the photolog coming.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mzoltarp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 9:41 pm   Permalink

From one Lee to another, good start Lee!

View Profile of mzoltarp Send a personal message to mzoltarp  Goto the website of mzoltarp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ScarabaTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-06 05:48 am   Permalink

A purple ceiling? Excellent! It's going to be fun watching you transform this room. Have fun!

"Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough." ŚMark Twain

View Profile of ScarabaTiki Send a personal message to ScarabaTiki  Email ScarabaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 1:59 pm   Permalink

I like the Graffiti! Great start Lee. The purple ceiling look cool to me.

Chongolio

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 7:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha Gang!

Thanks for all the encouragement on the Purple Ceiling. It's a pretty un-conventional color, but then, I'm going for a pretty un-conventional room! Besides, my room at the antique mall is the same purple, so I guess it's just a natural fit...

Cammo: I'm getting an LED Fiber Optic Starfield kit that just randomly twinkles the white lights. Colors and shooting star kits cost a bit too much, plus alot of it is going to be obscured by hanging objects.

Mr. No: We were actually going to throw Gold glitter into the wet paint so we could have sparkles, but I forgot to buy some to have on hand on painting day. Maybe I can put a gel in the LED light generatror and have gold stars that way. We'll see if it's possible when the kit gets here.

TikiKate: Your answer is below....

And Now, ON TO TODAY'S PROGRESS!

Today was grasscloth wallpaper day, and we almost got done in the 8 hours we worked on it. Man, is that stuff difficult to work with! You really have to struggle to get it all lined up, and trimming the flash is a bitch 'cuz it's so thick! But, as you can see, the final outcome it worth the extra effort:

This is my buddy Ron (who is doing most of the work) putting up the very first piece.

The Wifie's Graffiti is almost gone now. Sorry Baby!

There's a few pieces above the window and sliding glass door that we'll get to tomorrow, but you can still get a general idea of how the purple and red look together. Also, if you look hard at the middle room photo, you can see my little experiment of how the matting will look on the bottom half of the wall.

Tomorrow, the walls should be finished; luhala matting, bamboo trim and all!

-loha!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 7:19 pm   Permalink

I'm loving the purple/red combo. Can't wait to see more.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 7:39 pm   Permalink

VEREEEEEEEEE Interesssssstink....
It looks good, very unique so far. I love the walls!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 08:51 am   Permalink

did I see an OWL CLOCK???

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Caber-Net
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 10:00 am   Permalink

Man you got alotta STUFF!

View Profile of Caber-Net Send a personal message to Caber-Net  Email Caber-Net     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation