FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Saga of Tiki Lee's Home Tiki Room
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
The Saga of Tiki Lee's Home Tiki Room
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-21 11:30 pm   Permalink

Mid Century Modern and tiki sounds great.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-23 9:19 pm   Permalink

fireplace: perfect,
Wood panel walls: perfect
ugly carpet: perfect.. (if anyone is looking down in your new bar they are too drunk to notice)

go nuts on that room, it's just a different kind of creativity to make something amazing in a rental but totally achieveable.
Build like its a trade show exhibit and you need to take it on the road.
Don't pussy out with the mid century minimal crap.. you have the entire rest of the house for the teak sideboard/buffet/daybed/coffee table....

nothing further to add your honour...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BIG TIKI'S
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-12-27 3:26 pm   Permalink

Lee,

There's only one way to go and that's crazy! "layer-it-up" all the way...

Sounds like you've had more than enough hard times lately, time for some fun and a fresh new start!

Post those pic's!

Keep well

View Profile of BIG TIKI'S Send a personal message to BIG TIKI'S  Email BIG TIKI'S     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-12 2:10 pm   Permalink

WOW, What a trip it's been, Haven't seen this I guess since forever. Hope your new tiki room is as good as your last. Good luck and Hang in there.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-23 8:35 pm   Permalink

Wow, Ben! You've managed to resurrect the dead!

Did you see your two Tropicana Tiki's (before I knew they were yours) in situ?

They look good WHEREVER they are placed, even in the boring "plain-white-wall" rental I'm in now!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lee's 2015-07-24 01:04 ]

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-25 1:57 pm   Permalink

wholly hell, tiki lee! howzit!

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-26 11:07 am   Permalink

What Johnny said.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-27 12:36 am   Permalink

Hi you guys! Thanks for remembering me! Things are still not good, but hopefully my 7-years of bad luck are finally over and I can get my life back soon!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-27 01:37 am   Permalink

Hang in there, Lee.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
therumtrader

Posted: 2015-07-27 12:32 pm   Permalink

Sad to read this entire thread only to find out this lovely room went the way of so many great tiki places. I love the tiki mug shelves; I'm going to have to make some of my own with this in mind.

View Profile of therumtrader Send a personal message to therumtrader  Goto the website of therumtrader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 29 days ago; 3:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks you guys! TheRumTrader, if you need to know how to make the shelves, just look up any "Do-It-Yourself Witco" carving post here on TC. All the "how to" is here on this glorious site!

jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 27 days ago; 07:13 am   Permalink

Whatever became of the spencer's moai lamp and flaming tiki in this photo:

The reason I ask is I picked up that exact combo from a person on ebay last summer and wondered if it was yours. Maybe a lot of folks bought both of those items together though.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation