FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Saga of Tiki Lee's Home Tiki Room - Chapter Eleventeen - pg. 8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
The Saga of Tiki Lee's Home Tiki Room - Chapter Eleventeen - pg. 8
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 07:18 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear the bad news sir.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 07:59 am   Permalink

Keep your head up Lee! Gonna be in Vegas for Thanksgiving next week and your store is on my list of stops to make! Aloha

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 08:01 am   Permalink

that is a drag,Lee!
Your room will remain with the memories and the photos you've left on this thread!
Sending you the warmest thoughts and hugs!
Any chance of transforming the storage unit
into a TikiRoom?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 08:54 am   Permalink

LEE! so sorry to hear you have to move. Hopefully new and better things are just around the corner. I knew I was thinking about you for a reason. You guys can always come up here and stay with me. Ive got a whole extra appartment.
Dawn

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 09:39 am   Permalink

Lee,
I wish you only the best out of this bad situation. Your room is/was amazing, and will be remembered here forever on TC! Someone else said it(Bongo Bungalow), but it was a good point...YOU created it, and can doit again. It was the room YOU built, and I'm sure it will be back sooner than we all think!
Godspeed, and best wishes brotha!
-Tom

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 8:37 pm   Permalink

Oh man Lee,
I wanted to visit your place Lee.

Oh Lee, Lee, Lee, Lee,
Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee Lee,
We're talkin' fuckin' Lee.
I had a friend named Lee,
He cast a spell, a spell on me.....
Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee,
I'd propose on bended knee
To Lee Lee Lee, Lee Lee Lee,
Lee Lee,
Lee Lee Lee, Lee Lee Lee,
Lee Lee,
Le-Lut-Le-Le-Le-Lee Lee Lee,
Le-Lut-Le-Le-Le-Lee Lee.....

I am sending good wishes to you and the missus.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 05:55 am   Permalink

Sorry to hear the bad news. Just look at this setback as another opportunity for bigger and better things. A new chapter, as it were. I know that's easy for me to say. Really hoping for the best for you guys.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-11-20 06:17 am   Permalink

Not sure if it applies to you, nor if the legislation has yet been activated, but I heard that people who were at least 3 months behind on their mortgages would be eligible for anti-forclosure protection. Have you checked into that?

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2008-11-20 06:21 ]

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-20 10:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-20 05:55, Matt Reese wrote:
Sorry to hear the bad news. Just look at this setback as another opportunity for bigger and better things. A new chapter, as it were.

I agree Lee, The image of the Phoenix comes to mind. I pray for new open doors for you.
Blessings.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 12:46 pm   Permalink

Wow Lee! I'm so sorry. Your room was amazing, and I know you'll soon find another place to create something equally fabulous! Good thing you'll have Frankie's nearby to quench that thirst for good tiki. I'm planning a trip to Vegas in January. Would love to hook up with you and your wife for a drink while I'm there. I'll PM when I have details nailed down. Best wishes to you.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 8:23 pm   Permalink

My heart goes out to you Lee. I know you probably have those in your life who are going to tell you not to worry, that you will be fine in the long run. You definitely will be fine but allow yourself to be sad for a while. Its not self indulgent. You lost something you cared about.

And look at it this way. The funnest thing about a Tiki room is putting it together. You will eventually get to make a new Tiki room, you will learn from the mistakes you made when you did the first one, and you will put together and even better LEE'S TIKI ROOM VERSION 2.0!

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-23 11:49 am   Permalink

Hate to hear that Lee. Stephanie and I are in a similar boat. We have an ARM that hits the 2 year mark in February. Our market has been stable, so, we're in reasonable shape, except the damn market keeps changing. We just found out they are not doing any 100% refi's now and we have to figure out how to get 5% plus closing costs saved by by then. Great. Nice notice. But, who knows where things will stand then. So, work on our bar has pretty much stopped. Not spending any more for a while.

Hope you guys land on solid ground.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 9:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-19 02:36, Tiki Lee's wrote:
Well, the recession has claimed another forclosure victim, and I am sad to say that my wife and I are losing our house, and our Tiki Room with it. Thanks for all your kind compliments over the span of this post. If any of you want to come by and take a peek in person before it all goes away in December, then just let me know and we'll try to hook up before it gets packed away in storage once again for another unknown number of years.

At least my shop at The Charleston Antique Mall will stay open. I guess it's gonna have a great new influx of product really soon...

Mahaloz Friends.

Damn!- I'm sorry to hear it. i just saw your invitation from a few months ago. i hope you bounce back soon! -Smiley

If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2008-11-30 01:04 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-11-23 9:29 pm   Permalink

Razz!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-30 12:21 am   Permalink

Thanks Everybody...

It's so hard to even imagine a "phoenix-type" redo of the room because things are so difficult right now, but thanks for the positive energy anyway.

Since we are going to have to rent from now on, I seriously doubt that the landlord would ever let me do something this extensively tiki to his house. It just won't be the same, so I probably won't even try to make a tiki room. A piece might go here and there, but the glowing cozy atmosphere will be lost to the ages.

Thank God for Frankie's. At least I can go visit a cool tiki room when I get homesick...

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation