FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Paintings for the tiki show at DVA gallery, Chicago
Paintings for the tiki show at DVA gallery, Chicago
greenfuzz

Posted: 2007-06-07 10:48 am   Permalink

Here are 2 paintings I did for the "Anniversary Gala Tiki Exhibition and Party" at the DVA Gallery in Chicago. The show opens on June 23rd. Both paintings are done in acrylics on masonite that I cut out then assemble in different layers. The one with the scooter is called "Anartiki" and the moai sitting on the bed of nails is called "Feelin' No Pain". If you're in Chicago, go have a lookie!

View Profile of greenfuzz Send a personal message to greenfuzz  Email greenfuzz Goto the website of greenfuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 11:07 am   Permalink

Killer pieces! Great execution and style!
Love the colors and the concepts!
That's gonna be one cool show!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greenfuzz

Posted: 2007-06-08 12:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks!! I think it will be a really cool show, too bad I'll be stuck here in Arizona!

View Profile of greenfuzz Send a personal message to greenfuzz  Email greenfuzz Goto the website of greenfuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-08 12:53 pm   Permalink

Those are great! Love your style, greenfuzz!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limey
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-09 6:10 pm   Permalink

Love your style bro. Cool, graphic and made. Look forward to seeing some more of these fine works.
Ka kité

View Profile of Limey Send a personal message to Limey  Email Limey Goto the website of Limey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 6:22 pm   Permalink

Both are really cool... I like the moai's face especially. The layer effect is a great idea. I paint on masonite sometimes, but I itch and sneeze like crazy when I'm cutting it!

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-09 11:05 pm   Permalink

Yes!
I LOVE dimensional art. Especially when it's SO FREAKING perfect! VERY nice! The expressions! THE movement! The color choices! The craftsmanship! All 100%! I bet they are fanfreakingtastic in person too! Some lucky collector is gonna take those puppies home from DVA!

http://youtu.be/7HTCkZXaA

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greenfuzz

Posted: 2007-06-11 07:55 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the positive feedback!! This is my first time posting here and didn't know what to expect. Most of my work falls along the pop culture/classic monster lines, but I do have a few more pieces featuring tikis:

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 08:55 am   Permalink

Great work greenfuzz!! very nice style you got there! Congrats and welcome!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
frostiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 10:28 am   Permalink

You dimiensional paintings are great, I love the style, nice and clean. Very Cool.

View Profile of frostiki Send a personal message to frostiki  Email frostiki Goto the website of frostiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation