Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food 8 of Hearts Mai Tai
8 of Hearts Mai Tai
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 05:47 am   Permalink

I just found this in a drink deck while I was at work. I thought I would share this wonderful and delicious recipe with you.

Enjoy! [evil laughter and thunder]

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 07:08 am   Permalink

While that sounds like a yummy cocktail, there is obviously some sort of misprint on that deck of cards. Clearly the Mai-Tai would be printed on one of the Ace's and not something as lowly as the 8. And the 8 of hearts at that....

But, I like the name. Eight of Hearts Mai-Tai. Maybe we can start with the recipe as presented (shudder....) and 'fix' it into something worthy of the name.

And, what else did you find in this deck?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 2:10 pm   Permalink

I put these ingredients into the Grogalizer and came up with absolutely nothing. Oh well....

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JTD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 4:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-09 05:47, finkdaddy wrote:
I just found this in a drink deck while I was at work.

Nice job, how do I get one like that?

[ This Message was edited by: JTD 2007-06-09 16:32 ]

View Profile of JTD Send a personal message to JTD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 8:11 pm   Permalink

Float grenadine. . . float grenadine. Let me give David Copperfield a call and see if he can help me figure out how to do that.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 10:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-09 20:11, Koolau wrote:
Float grenadine. . . float grenadine. Let me give David Copperfield a call and see if he can help me figure out how to do that.

Easy. It floats on top of the 2 ounces of Pennzoil.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-17 12:54 am   Permalink

Since I had my Poco Grande glasses out anyway, I decided to give this drink a try - I used:

1.5 oz Bacardi 8 Rum
1.5 oz Cruzan Coconut Rum
1 oz Triple Sec
Juice of one kind-of-dry lime
Trader Vic grenadine

I tasted it before adding the grenadine - coconut flavor predominates, and kind of bitter from all the lime. After the grenadine was added, the drink turned a lurid Fruit Punch red.

Actually, it's not bad - just kind of one dimensional. It's the tropical drink you get at a hotel bar or at your cousin's wedding reception. If I tried it again, I'd back off on the grenadine and leave more of the initial bitter flavor.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-17 08:12 am   Permalink

<<It's the tropical drink you get at a hotel bar or at your cousin's wedding reception.>>

HA.
Good one.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation