[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Faux volcanic rock
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Faux volcanic rock
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-16 11:00 pm   Permalink

Pretty cool TikiFreak. If that first picture had the smoke coming out of the volcano, you'd actually look like you're taking a bong hit rather than drinking a beer. HA!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-25 9:41 pm   Permalink

This project is what got me into tiki. The volcano had outdoor speakers embedded(sp?) in the base with a looping recording of an erruption(on cd), a smoke machine, lighting, and an automated blast of atomized water blow through the cone. This thing used to scare the $hit out of people as they were shopping the nursery. If you had a sense of humor you would just laugh it off, if not then .... we had a blast with this thing.

[ This Message was edited by: thechikitiki on 2003-10-25 21:43 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-25 10:47 pm   Permalink

Hey Chiki, who built the hut in the background? Was that you too?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-10-26 10:46 am   Permalink

The structure was there, we decorated it.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-20 7:00 pm   Permalink

Hey KuKuahu...You ever finish yr Volcano?
I'd love to see a pic of it...

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mattfink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-24 1:46 pm   Permalink

That is wicked!!! Wanna come build one in my backyard?

Matty

View Profile of mattfink Send a personal message to mattfink  Email mattfink Goto the website of mattfink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Palama Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-05-25 6:28 pm   Permalink

i did a volcanic rock project recently and used hypertufa, which is portland cement, sand, and peat moss mixed together about the consistency of a mud pie; form it into the shape that you want, let it set up, then brush it with a wire brush. you can theme the surface with flow lines, and the peat moss brushes out and/or weathers out to leave the pock marks. pretty cool effect, but i really like the rock salt idea as well.

View Profile of Palama Tiki Send a personal message to Palama Tiki  Email Palama Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BambooPrincess
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2005-06-11 10:52 am   Permalink

You guys Rock!.....

Palama Tiki ....do you have some pictures to post....I would love to see them.....Do you have step by step instructions, I wanna make some stuff..... but I am clueless on where to start

What is the best light weight mixture that would hold up in the weather?

View Profile of BambooPrincess Send a personal message to BambooPrincess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation