FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » "the Last Minute" Ken Ruzic's one man show June 16th!Sneak Peek!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
"the Last Minute" Ken Ruzic's one man show June 16th!Sneak Peek!
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-09 10:02 pm   Permalink

When not cavorting around as little lost tiki,I also have "normal" art exhibits...here's the skinny on one of them...
Mark your calendars for June 16th 7 to 11pm! I'll be having an exhibition at the Pinch Gallery in Costa Mesa,California that night!The address is 440 East 17th Street in Costa Mesa! It's located near the Little Knight and kitty corner from la Cave,which is located across the street! The show is entitled "the Last Minute",mostly because the show was unexpected(found out about it Monday-show was up and labeled by Tuesday)The exhibit will consist of over 65 pieces and encompasses practically my whole painting career,going as far back as 1992, a handful of the pieces have never been shown before,and I've included some viewer's favorites from over the years! It's also a sampler of some of my major themes and styles over the years:Mythology,Politics,Religion,Animals,Tikis,the Human condition,Social Speculation and more!
I guarantee you'll have plenty to gawk and talk about the next day!
And if that isn't enough,I'll be unveiling my newly born painting "Polynesian Butterfly",a painting for Populele's new CD.He's a genius Uke player from Chicago...
http://www.myspace.com/populele
It's rumored he may make an appearance at the Big Ol' Tiki Bash this year...

And here's the flyer....

Come on down and enjoy the fruits of my chemical imbalance!
Thank you kindly!

Visit www.kenruzic.com
and see things as they should be!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-06-14 11:23 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 07:23 am   Permalink

Kenny,

This looks like a killer show! This is the first time I have been on your Site….very, very nice work man. You are going to be one busy hombre getting all this together….please post some shots of everything hung in the gallery.

Very Sweet Indeed!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 09:26 am   Permalink

Can't wait!!! I'll be there sneakin paintings out the back door!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 10:54 am   Permalink

Marked on the calendar!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 11:04 am   Permalink

That pop u le le painting makes me all

relaxed inside.

It is beautiful!!!

We'll be there with bells on. Fo' sure!

p.s. Will there be a surprise " chinese fire wheel" painting
added to the show?

I double dog dare you!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 4:42 pm   Permalink

Just got back putting all the finishing touches for the show on the 16th...Took some shots of the space to share with those of you too far away to attend AND to tempt ye in the area to come on down and see these in person!
Babalu-Here ya go,man! the whole show! I'll post some details of individual pieces during this week to get people all excited! Especially me! As for being a Busy Hombre-it's all Done! All I stress about this week is what to wear! I'm thinking this cool Bowling Shirt i own....
Clysdalle-I already got security looking out for you...and the back door leads to a fenced in back area-sorry!
Hiphipahula-You will make me smile real big if you show up!
Ben-glad i could bring a stillness to your junglepirate soul! Thank you!
it'll be great to see you and the missus! A Double Dog Dare is hard to pass up....who's hiring you to give me a nervous breakdown?
well, onto the show photos!!!
I started at the front door and did a big "U" back around to the front...i haven't even bothered to count how many pieces,so if anyone has a counting disorder or anything,write me and tell me! Well.....enjoy!

Thanks for virtually attending my "Last Minute" Art Show!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-10 5:12 pm   Permalink

WooHooo! SoccerTiki and I are looking forward to attending your show

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 5:41 pm   Permalink

How much are the "Ken Rusic" bikini's I saw in the pics going for ???

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 6:40 pm   Permalink

I actually stopped by the gallery today and luckily was able to take a picture of the room Ken forgot.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 6:44 pm   Permalink

Actually Boris,that's a special art installation..."the injured twin". The clean bathroom is around the corner!
and yes Ray, I'll be wearing one of them bikinis at the opening reception....

Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 6:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-10 18:44, little lost tiki wrote:
The clean bathroom is around the corner!

I wish they would've told ME that!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 7:01 pm   Permalink

Im comming down with the Squirrles

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 7:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Ken you mind if I bring some Freinds

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 7:39 pm   Permalink

Jymmy,
You can bring friends,squirrels or otherwise,but no Disney movie costumes,please!

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-10 9:48 pm   Permalink

Kenny,

The show looks great! Good job setting up.....I must get some Kenny wear...anything in powder blue?

Hey, Emily Jane (on the right) and her Mom, from a few trailers down, stopped over while I was cruising your Site...I showed them your work and they were quite impressed....They said the drive was to far to come to the show...that is until I told her you were going to wear a bowling shirt. Emily Jane has a thing for guys in bowling shirts...she wanted me to tell you that she would love come if you promised to wear a tool belt too...I told her that was pushing it, but I would check.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation