FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events "the Last Minute" Ken Ruzic's one man show June 16th!Sneak Peek!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
"the Last Minute" Ken Ruzic's one man show June 16th!Sneak Peek!
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 09:58 am   Permalink

Quote:
she wanted me to tell you that she would love come if you promised to wear a tool belt too...

Now what does that mean exactly? Hmmmmmmmmmmm...
Would Love to see Emily and Jane! We'll get some Boone's Farm ready! Tell 'em to wear their sundresses! I've noticed a few comments about the clothing racks and such.Let me explain...The Pinch is half gallery/half hip clothing store...Unless you're an established gallery out here,you have to generate enough money to keep a space alive,because most of your visitors are looky-loo's and art is a very ephemeral thing to price....
Anyways Kiddies...I promised that i'd post a couple pieces the days before the show,so you can get a grasp on the detail of some of these pieces....
"the Mechanical Jellyfish"

"Catching the Tears of Heaven"

There ya go! See you tomorrow with a couple more!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 10:31 am   Permalink

that jellyfish is amazing in person (braggin) but seriously...you could close your eyes and just rub the texture of puff paint on that bad boy and be happy....after the surfboard, then the water dragon....this is my favorite....well...after the skim board...and after the mono chromatic ship painting in the front room of your studio...or the ....um.....yea......I think I just realized I'm a LLT groupie....

-seeking help.

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 3:27 pm   Permalink

Ken-

Wish I could go this Saturday because your paintings are even better in person. It never ceases to amaze me how high energy you are. I'm sure Emily Jane will be very impressed too. I'm thinking bring the toolbelt.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-11 7:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks Clysdalle and alohacurrent!
You guys are great! I don't own a tool belt,but maybe I can duct tape screwdrivers and hammers to my regular one! Glad I could make you guys happy with these little creations! Hopefully, they'll be plenty more paintings and shows before the ol' ticker goes out! Here's some more pieces in the show!
"the Quadruple Annunciation"

"Deceiving the Elect"

"SeaMonster" gonna be there too! RAWR!

and the "Hungry Beast"! Dooooooi!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-06-11 19:39 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-12 9:36 pm   Permalink

If you're in the area of Costa mesa on Saturday night,c'mon down to the pinch gallery and get an eyeful! Here's some more work that will be there!
"the rat king"

"the mechanical forest"

"the elephant's secret"

Remember! the show is June 16th 7 to 11pm! At the Pinch Gallery in Costa Mesa,California and the address is 440 East 17th Street in Costa Mesa! Free Hugs!

tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-12 10:47 pm   Permalink

Ken you doin any Squirrle Paintings , the Ratt ones Groovy Man .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 2:52 pm   Permalink

Everytime I go to a show , Im asked the same question . "Wheres Cyndi?"(My wife ). Well good news .... Im announcing that Queen Wahine will be attending Kens art exhibit .We will venture from Cucamonga to the Coast of Mesa to dine on fish and crustaceans, throw some wine down her neck and lead her to the event . Ken , I hope this is ample notice for you to get a red carpet for the door ,Oh and red velvet ropes too , oh and someone to blow the conche shell. If you dont know where to get this in time , contact Paris Hiltons people . Theyre not doing anything for a while .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 3:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-13 14:52, TIKI-RAY wrote:
Everytime I go to a show , Im asked the same question . "Wheres Cyndi?"(My wife ). Well good news .... Im announcing that Queen Wahine will be attending Kens art exhibit .We will venture from Cucamonga to the Coast of Mesa to dine on fish and crustaceans, throw some wine down her neck and lead her to the event . Ken , I hope this is ample notice for you to get a red carpet for the door ,Oh and red velvet ropes too , oh and someone to blow the conche shell. If you dont know where to get this in time , contact Paris Hiltons people . Theyre not doing anything for a while .

Hey T-Ray,

You going to the Crab Cooker?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 5:37 pm   Permalink

I was thinking that way . Im craving that type of food and she has to do what I say as Fathers Day is only a couple hours after that .Any other ideas ?
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-13 7:19 pm   Permalink

WOOOHOOO! La Cave is right across the street.
www.lacaverestaurant.com

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 7:28 pm   Permalink

Awesome looking show mate, hope it goes well for you

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 12:40 am   Permalink

Stuffs LooKiN GrOOvY KeN ,

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 04:34 am   Permalink

Hey Jymmy, congrats on the birth of your child .

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 08:37 am   Permalink

This "last minute...." Is looking so good, Thanks for the virtual view for the ones to far to go!

I don't know if this is a nice thing to say about a beast, but He is SO CUTE!!! I think I'm in love!!

Best wishes for Saturday!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-14 10:13 am   Permalink

Anyone up for dinner before we hit Kens show? Is the Bahooka close?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation