FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events "the Last Minute" Ken Ruzic's one man show June 16th!Sneak Peek!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
"the Last Minute" Ken Ruzic's one man show June 16th!Sneak Peek!
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 10:51 am   Permalink

Hey Gang!
Two more days and this will finally be over! (except for the taking everything home and re-hanging it part!) It's gonna be so fun to see the mix of people from this wild 17 year art ride! Fun! Fun!
Ray's gonna have his wifey there! Wow! me too!It'll be like wife night! The only bad part is trying not to get caught oggling all the pretty young ladies at these gigs! I'll see what I can do about the red carpet and conch shell!
the Crab Cooker's good and so is LaCave-they have great drinks and Phil Shane,my favorite lounge singer plays there occasionally!
Thanks Heweey and Clarita and Jymmy! Nice picture by the way! Looks like the Tonga Hut Special Olympics!Best wishes to you and the family!
Hiphip-the Bahooka is FAR away from Costa Mesa-maybe an hour in traffic....
I should be at the show about an hour early and wouldn't mind if someone bought me a Bushmills and Coke to slam at the Little Knight next door before engaging the crowds! Also,this show is about 8 miles away from Sam's Seafood,which is having a Parking Lot Sale that day! So if any of you want to end your day with some art,have at it and pay the show a visit! Anyways,as I'll be woiking at the studio tonight and tomorrow, Here's my last Sneak Peek at some of the goodies you'll encounter on Saturday Night in Costa Mesa at "the Last Minute" show!
"the House of Good Fortune"

"the Last Judgment"an homage to the genre! Big just like the old paintings!
A whopping 4x5 feet!

"the Gathering"

a print of "the Arrival of the Pineapple King" This one's 2x4 feet,not 6x4 feet-too hard to move around!

and finally..."the Protecting Angel"

"Robust Nuclear Penetrating Device"

Hope to see y'all there! Free Hugs!

[ This Message was edited by: little lost tiki 2007-06-14 13:08 ]

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 2:34 pm   Permalink

What do you mean a 6x4 is too big too lug around ! When I do a show you say bring that 250 lb. 6 foot tiki I like so much .Do I complain ??????? Oh, I guess I am right now , oooops .
Lets keep the wives separated so they cant exchange notes about us .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 2:46 pm   Permalink

Try cramming 55 paintings in a pickup truck,including a 5 x4 footer,
THEN try and cram a 6 by 4 footer on top of that...ain't happening,man!
Seeing as you're a carver now,Ray, just choose your next vocation carefully....
When the Great Job-Granter comes along,refuse the heavy 300 lb. tiki carving offer and go with something smaller and lighter,like...origami folder,or leather belt tooler!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 4:12 pm   Permalink

First of all you call that a TRUCK ? Its more like a Honda with a bed on it . My F-250 craps bigger than that .The size of the work matches the man . Big arms , big tiki's . Toothpick arms ,coffee table art . I should have been a lumberjack . Chop down trees , eat pancakes and sing songs all day . Gotta go now , My blue ox is tramping through my Hibiscus bushes .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 4:18 pm   Permalink

I've heard that the bigger the size of one's truck,the smaller the chisel!
Bring the measurin' tape on Saturday,shortstop!

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 5:01 pm   Permalink

Again, best of luck Kenny....this collective is mind numbing. It's very hard for me to pick a favorite...I like them all.

Cheers, and sell well.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 6:54 pm   Permalink

Yeah , where'd you hear that , On Oprah or The View ?

tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 11:29 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ray, Karins gettin out sometime tomorrow I wanna go to the Kens Show what time is everyone gettin there

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 08:23 am   Permalink

I'll be gettin there around 6-7.....Show opens at 7! Stoked and hope to see y'all there!

tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 09:50 am   Permalink

Kool Should make it in time . Thanks

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-15 2:07 pm   Permalink

Have a great time Kinny! I will be there in spirit Bro.

Chongolio

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-16 11:59 am   Permalink

Count Down see ya there! Congrats Ken!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 1:12 pm   Permalink

Whoopie!
Today's the day!!!It doesn't matter how many of these shows ya do-there's always a bit of nervousness and anticipation-so the day of the show is my RELAXATION day! Just puttering around,chain smoking,reading,and watching some youtubes of seamonsters and bigfoot footage...Prolly get a nice nap in there today,,,and the wifey wants to give me a massage! YAY!
Anyways, thanks Babalu! G;ad you like a lot of them! i believe it's the artist's duty to examine many things,it helps him to find connections and patterns in events,culture,history,and the like. This show kinda reflects the "All over the Map" approach to this show and how the art has evolved.
TikiRay-the View...
Jymmy-it'll be good to see you there! I'm honored at all the people (and the high-caliber and class of most of these people) who want to come and see this on short notice!Thanks!
Chongo-Mahalo!It will never be as great a time unless Randy's there! Since you're coming in spirit,I'd like you to whisper the phrases... "buy that" "that would look great over the couch" "Chicks would dig me more if they knew I appreciated and bought good art" "that painting,hung on the wall in my frontroom,would make people think i'm smart" to the audience tonight! Thanks man! I'll do the same for you at your show on the Island! Randy, we really miss you man! Can't wait to see you in november sir!
Hip-ster! can't wait to smile when i see ya!
Well, last minute Hype-here's some more pictures of pieces in the show! Enjoy!
"the Lost Crew"

"Saint Surveillance"

"Pentagon and Scimitar"

"Night and Forest"

"the Herald"

"the Errant Flock"

"Big Mouthed Cannibal Paddle"

Hope to see all y'all there! I'll try to remember my camera!
Toodles!

tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 1:15 pm   Permalink

Dude ur Art Work is the KATS MEOW ,it,ll be nice to get out and see everyone too first time in a Bit . C everyone tonight .

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 1:24 pm   Permalink

Congrats Ken . Queen Wahine and I are excited to get out of the house and visit you tonight .We will be there with bells on our toes and bones in our noses . Kens work is like a Grateful Dead concert . You may have heard about it but you have to experience it up close at least once in your life .These pics do not do Kens intense dedication justice.

[ This Message was edited by: TIKI-RAY 2007-06-16 13:27 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation