[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events London Luau 007 pictures
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
London Luau 007 pictures
lemonsqueezer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-12 7:24 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much to Cheekytiki and all you followers/artists for his wonderfull weekend!
Bo Axelzon and his orchestra plays first rate classic exotica that you rarely have the chance to hear here in Europe outside Sweden as they are the only exotica orchestra down here. (please correct me if I`m wrong) In fact for me it was the first time to hear one of my absolute favorite music style live in the perfect enviroment! Unbelivable stunning!
The Surf band Bikini Beach was everthing other than just another surf band. How many surf Bands manage to get the crowd DANCING from the start to the end? They didn`t play there own compositions BUT they did play a lot tunes that you never did hear before done in a surf style that keeps you dance and smile (new order blue monday, pulp etc. ..and YES they does fit perfect in a surf style!)
Rounded up by great polynesian dancers with live music and the fun King Kukulele, fantastic food, the charming Dolly Mixtura on the deks, fun hangaround at the tiki/art exebition and market with intersting work to discover, the great Trailer Happiness..
.. and the chance to meet you all in real live!
too bad that I did miss the opening and the Mahiki as my plane was late

virani & tikiracer, thanks for the pics and vids! (missed the street scene w. kk) Can`t wait for more! (Didn`t had a camera)

Trader Jim, your pockettiki mag did save me of boredom traveling home!

Hope to see you all soon!

and... thanks a lot for all the great feeback! My pleasure!

View Profile of lemonsqueezer Send a personal message to lemonsqueezer  Email lemonsqueezer Goto the website of lemonsqueezer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 10:35 am   Permalink

Ahhhh-hooooo!

Trader Vic's:

The Art...ists:

The Market:

The Happiness:

Hairy-handed gent,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-13 3:11 pm   Permalink

I'm still dead beat (and a deadbeat!) from the weekend but here are a few pics until I get time to post some later on.

FRIDAY NIGHT - A good turn out for the Art Show at the Truman Brewery.

FRIDAY NIGHT @ MAHIKI- A couple of the BRITIKI boys playing with their coconuts! Of course I had my equipment firmly in my hand, so I couldn't join in! Photographic equipment...Oh, c'mon people!!

SATURDAY @ The Marketplace, Brick Lane - King Kukulele shows the 'Beats of Polynesia' dancing beauty a few new moves!

SATURDAY NIGHT @ TRADER VIC's - Sian & Liz get down and flirty with a 'Hunk of Polynesia'! GO GIRLS!!!

SATURDAY @ The Marketplace, Brick Lane - Great sounds from DJ Dolly Mixturita & DJ Lemonsqueezer!

I'll try to post some more later...Obviously I'll be covering the LONDON LUAU in the next POCKETIKI out end of JULY! Also doing a piece in the UK 'Pinstriping Magazine'. Until then...

MAHALO to everyone who made this year's LUAU so much FUN! - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 05:12 am   Permalink

Trader Jim waxed his moustache into a useful jewelery hanger!

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-14 1:37 pm   Permalink

I s'pose you think that's funny?

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tache!

View Profile of POCKETIKI Send a personal message to POCKETIKI  Email POCKETIKI Goto the website of POCKETIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 04:47 am   Permalink

Trader Jim - deep in thought about the next issue of pocketiki...

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-16 5:10 pm   Permalink

Once a dreamer...always a dreamer!

Hey! It's gone one in the morning! Am I dreaming this? Feels real enough but...
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-06-16 8:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting pictures....looks like a great art show and plenty of quality partying. LOVE the blue Luau mug!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-17 09:25 am   Permalink

The London Luau online Gallery is now live!
Also the chance to get your hands on some London Luau merchandise, mugs, Dr. Alderete prints, T-shirts, stickers and the new Cd from King Kukulele & the Friki Tikis, plus lots more.
www.thelondonluau.co.uk

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-18 12:35 pm   Permalink

Here are a few more pics

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-19 8:25 pm   Permalink

love the pics on your blog virani! the shot of king kukulele in front of "duke of uke" is great! i hope those mokes bowed down when his majesty entered. dig the youtubes too. tikiracer, your pics and art are top notch. great show!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
POCKETIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-20 4:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-19 20:25, kingstiedye wrote:
love the pics on your blog virani! the shot of king kukulele in front of "duke of uke" is great!...

Hey! Virani...you stealing my thunder there French boy!?? I bet you didn't tell 'em it was my idea to take the 'King' down to the 'Duke of Uke' for a photo for POCKETIKI! I wondered what that clicking over my left shoulder was? Still, I expect your photos are better than mine! I'll have to get an Eiffel of your blog...geddit? Eiffel...Eyeful...Eye...Aw forget it!!!

Trader Jim - Make mine a Mai-Tai!

cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-12 12:59 pm   Permalink

More Luau Pics courtesy of trader Vics
More at
http://www.cheekytiki.com/thelondonluau/photo%27s.htm

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation