FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki What do you think of this Lilo & Stitch Stuffed Tiki?
What do you think of this Lilo & Stitch Stuffed Tiki?
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-23 09:51 am   Permalink

I first saw this and thought "Hey, pretty cute", but now the more I stare at it, I'm not so sure I see "Tiki" in it as much as I did before. If it weren't for the torches in the background, I'd just think it's some crazy Disney character like Stitch.

I think they should have made a more traditional Tiki and left the cartoony-ness out of it. It's $30, geesh!

It is suppose to be a Tiki, right?

What do you think?

(It's on DisneyStore.com if you want to order it)

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-23 11:20 am   Permalink

"What do you think? "

I think it is pretty lame.

I think it looks like Mr. Hanky with two celery stalks stuck in him.

I think it looks like the "long-time companion" for that flamboyant Kono hawaii mug.

I think a bunch of underpaid workers in some Third World nation are making these things and thinking "Crazy Americans, worshipping stuffed poop dolls".

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-23 11:27 am   Permalink

I expect better from the disney company.

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
snarkoutgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-23 11:30 am   Permalink

*sings*
What rolls down stairs
Alone or in pairs,
Runs over your neighbor's dog?
It's great for a snack,
And fits on your back,
It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Lo-og, it's Lo-og,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!
It's Lo-og, it's Lo-og,
It's better than bad, it's good!

*stops singing*

This looks like Log For Girls, with pigtails. *grins*

Stefani

View Profile of snarkoutgirl Send a personal message to snarkoutgirl  Email snarkoutgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-23 12:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2003-01-23 11:20, midnite_tiki wrote "Crazy Americans, worshipping stuffed poop dolls".

midnite

To funny! But True!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kentiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-01-23 12:29 pm   Permalink

Yeah but if they hadn't made it we'd all be saying "how could they not release a tiki-toy from that movie?!"

View Profile of Kentiki Send a personal message to Kentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-01-24 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-01-23 11:20, midnite_tiki wrote:
"What do you think? "

I think it is pretty lame.

I think it looks like Mr. Hanky with two celery stalks stuck in him.

I think it looks like the "long-time companion" for that flamboyant Kono hawaii mug.

I think a bunch of underpaid workers in some Third World nation are making these things and thinking "Crazy Americans, worshipping stuffed poop dolls".

midnite

Whoa there, Ray. Coming off a little cranky! True, it really does look like ass. Or like something that comes from your ass. But...surely Disney is not going to make a fierce looking tiki for kids. You know, I think we forget that these things are vaguely frightening. Disney isn't anxious to field complaints from parents that junior is having nightmares about being chased by flaming brown monsters.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 12:35 pm   Permalink

[/quote] Disney isn't anxious to field complaints from parents that junior is having nightmares about being chased by flaming brown monsters.[/quote]

or flaming brown poop...

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-01-24 1:32 pm   Permalink

Martiki,
"Disney isn't anxious to field complaints from parents that junior is having nightmares about being chased by flaming brown monsters. "

Guess they learned their lesson from when they killed Bambi's Mom? Or when Dumbo's Mom, or when....? Nah, Disney has few reservations in the "evil" department.

"Lilo & Stitch" was a decent Disney pic, not one of their best mind you. I don't recall this Tiki from the movie, if that were the case it would be accepable. Otherwise, it's flaming poop, but happy flaming poop!

I better watch out...Disney legal is supremely antagonistic. With that in mind, I love Walt, his Nationlistic proclivities notwithstanding.

midnite...always thought Warner Bros was WAAAYYYY better.

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation