FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau 2007 Photos And Reports
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Hukilau 2007 Photos And Reports
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 08:46 am   Permalink

Tikibars,
I couldn't agree more. But this one guy talked to me and was very put off by us. The people who I encountered simply didn't get it. This one person asked me flat out "do y'all do alot of drugs?" in a very accusatory tone. I would have just laughed if off if I hadn't had a similar encounter earlier that day.

Since I was helping out with Hukilau, I was in areas alone with staff from various venues in rooms at times. That was typically when the conversation came up.

But I just don't get it. I mean, have these people never experienced conventions of "I Love Lucy" fans, Trekkies, Renaissance Fairs...even Halloween for Christ sake!

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." -- Dean Martin

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 08:59 am   Permalink

Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell

I'm just average guy with an average life.
I work 9 to 5, hey hell I pay the price.
But all I want is to be left alone in my average home.
But why do I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

Everybody now ... Somebody's watching me

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 09:28 am   Permalink

......."and I get no sympathy"

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 10:22 am   Permalink

I hear that those "I Love Lucy" fans are HUGE into angel dust, PCP, bennies, goof balls, and even birth control pills!

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JETSETTER
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-03 3:34 pm   Permalink

Whew!

Relieved to hear this after attending the 'Captain Video Space Helmet Fantasy Party' at the last Lucy Con!

At least I don't have to worry about that Ethel look-a-like anymore now that I know that they allow the pill!

Thanks JT!

PS - The Chef of The Future contraption can 'core a apple' and a lot more

View Profile of JETSETTER Send a personal message to JETSETTER  Email JETSETTER Goto the website of JETSETTER     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-07 08:24 am   Permalink

Quote:
This one person asked me flat out "do y'all do alot of drugs?" in a very accusatory tone.

This guy may have been on the ninth floor at the Clipper. It was like Spicoli's Van.

The elevator opened and the smoke poured in. Seriously, it was like a fog, I got a great contact buzz and it smelled like quality stuff. Next year at least bring some incense or take a walk on the beach. I'm no prude but, A little discretion would be advisable and help keep these types of impressions to a minimum and keep security off the floor.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-07 1:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-07 08:24, Bohemiann wrote:
I'm no prude but, A little discretion would be advisable and help keep these types of impressions to a minimum and keep security off the floor.

Heck, at that rate it sounds like if security had showed up it would be one deep inhale and they'd have been on the floor ...literally!

When you consider the history of Ft Lauderdale Beach (especially during the 80's) it's a wonder why anyone would even raise an eyebrow. Seriously, this place was out of control!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-08 3:50 pm   Permalink

Hukilau Photos from WAITIKI and Mr. Ho's camera

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30459236@N00/sets/72157594334997976/
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fishkilla

Posted: 2007-07-16 8:55 pm   Permalink

The Hukilau this year was my girlfriend and mines first ever Tiki event.I was excited by all the people that I met and really loved the music.Kukulele and the Intoxicators definitely know whats up.
Our biggest surprise however was the Mai Kai.We will definitely be visiting this happy wonderland again soon as it is a quick 2 hour drive away.And we will be bringing friends.

Mobiletikibar put up this video of me singing in someones hotel room late after the Mai Kai.I don't remember him filming it and not much else either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lemidVYAkto

Thanks Mobiletikibar and thanks to all the new Tiki folk we met.

Mahalo

Seth

[ This Message was edited by: Fishkilla 2007-07-16 20:57 ]

View Profile of Fishkilla Send a personal message to Fishkilla  Email Fishkilla     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation