FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts otikiniko's (aka N! Satterfield) Latest Paintings (updated 10/5/07)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
otikiniko's (aka N! Satterfield) Latest Paintings (updated 10/5/07)
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 10:43 pm   Permalink

Some really cool stuff you have going on there Nik! Always good to see Punchy worked in again!
Keep up the great work! Congrats on all the shows!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 12:35 am   Permalink

Nice work mate! Love the stencil art when it's done to such a high standard! My fave by far is the scientist on the front of the cocktail kit - that guy rocks!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 12:12 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Little Lost Tiki! The Amantia Muscaria piece was a bit of a jab at the smurfs... don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the little buggers. I've just always thought they were part of somebody's psychedelic excursions. Especially when you consider they lived in a cartoon versions of Amantia Muscaria. I was glad to find a smurf wearing clogs a-la the Netherlands. Here's a better image:

note the eyes of the smurfs... what is each of them looking at??

Lake! Mahalo man, it truly means a lot coming from you brother... that big Punchy is getting all kinds of crazy attention. Who knew so many other people would relate??

Hewey I never would have suspected a "traditional" painter such as yourself to be a stencil fan. Mahalo! There is so much stencil work coming out of Australia that it's an honor just to be compared. I've spent tons of hours trying to break down the walls between stencils and other techniques so the work is looked at for the "subjects" and not just the "craft". Here's another image for ya:

Definitely more really soon! Mahalos for all of the comments and PMs!!

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
otikiniko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-05 2:11 pm   Permalink

Aloha! as promised ages and ages ago here are a few pics of my studio:

note the 20 moai heads drying... they're pretty darn cool!
Interested parties PM me, they'll be up for grabs here soon!

Current Shows:
"What a Fun Guy" @Bear and Bird, Lauderhill FL
"When Robots Ruled the Earth" @The Gallery at East Atlanta Tattoo, Atlanta GA
"Brushes, Needles, & Burnouts" @ Kustom Kulture Gallery, Baldwin NY

View Profile of otikiniko Send a personal message to otikiniko  Email otikiniko Goto the website of otikiniko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-05 7:17 pm   Permalink

Holy flashback! Smokin cool designs..Whatever happened to Punchy? Maybe I don't watch enough Saturday morning cartoons?

The studies of Tikis give a modern perspective to an old pop icon. Lots of fun to look at.

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-05 8:52 pm   Permalink

Nice studio - I'm jealous. My 'studio' is under the back patio/verandah - subject to the weather Yeh mate, I love a good stencil (see that PM I sent ya), and your stencils are GOOD.

Have you ever checked out:
http://stencilrevolution.com/

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation